alcy

Disciple
110dcuw.jpg

25s4bjd.jpg

dvlbt0.jpg

wkmxhy.jpg

16riio.jpg

2ed6tz5.jpg

Congrats ! Looks sleek ! :D. Wonder how does it sound ?

Ive always wished for a elite 2.0 passive speaker setup but the investment + lack of dedicated time ,space to listen to music stops me from getting an upgrade to the modded 5021s .I hardly use the 5021s cause to get proper sound stage and sound ,I need to position myself at a particular place and listen to music ,so for now I remain confined to my portable setup :(.

Roxtin said:
Nice but I never understood why we need an AV Receiver :p

In n00b's terminology. :ashamed:

Basically to drive the passive speakers which do not have their built in amp .

Does Av receivers also work as amplifiers. I thought they act as a control unit to connect various sources (Blu ray palyer, PS 3, Xbox, guitars. MP3 player etc ) to the home theater & TV set.

Congrats man! Killer of a setup! :thumb:

FaH33m said:
In n00b's terminology. :ashamed:

Basically to drive the passive speakers which do not have their built in amp .

Add to that a universal connectivity for various devices such as gaming consoles, blu-ray disc players, DTH connections etc upscaling/transcoding video signals whenever necessary, amplifying audio signals and providing multichannel sound and decoding them. Those are just some of the basic functions an AVR could do. Advanced models could handle satellite/internet radio and comes with advanced upscaling chips such as the Anchor Bay's video processing chip.

Thanks everybody ! :D

FaH33m said:
Congrats ! Looks sleek ! :D. Wonder how does it sound ?

Ive always wished for a elite 2.0 passive speaker setup but the investment + lack of dedicated time ,space to listen to music stops me from getting an upgrade to the modded 5021s .I hardly use the 5021s cause to get proper sound stage and sound ,I need to position myself at a particular place and listen to music ,so for now I remain confined to my portable setup :(.

I'll be honest, I have been used to highly (read artificially) amplified systems, mostly a Bose Companion 3. Coming from that background, it wasn't easy to appreciate the sound that these speakers gave. But it wasn't hard either to realize that with Bose & other such systems, although you'll be happy listening to your music, there will be a lot of times, you'd wish to just turn the system off due to variety of reasons. With these however, the word "indulge" takes a new meaning. You'll be happy listening to them non-stop. They won't hurt your ears.

All said and done, these I have got basically on my dad's impulse. Just the other day he called up to ask which Bose home theater system he should go for. Of course I didn't like the sound of that, convinced him thoroughly of Bose's shortcomings & got these beauties instead. So, next time your parents as much as utter the word "home theater" or something to that effect, you know what to do. :eek:hyeah:

cray said:
Does Av receivers also work as amplifiers. I thought they act as a control unit to connect various sources (Blu ray palyer, PS 3, Xbox, guitars. MP3 player etc ) to the home theater & TV set.

AV Receivers are amplifiers, but specially designed to process multichannel surround sound for movies, and to process video signals for upscaling, etc. They can be used as amplifiers for Stereo also, but an integrated stereo amp will do better justice than an AVR.

BTW, nice speakers there alcy..can you post the pics of your entire setup including the source (DVD Player/CD Player), and display??

Back