English TV series discussion

I watched Dootha (Meaning दूत, Emissary), a Telugu webseries on Prime. Also available in Hindi and other southern languages. A mystery thriller. Cocktail of a current issue and supernatural.

Currently I am watching Bodies on NF. Halfway through it. Another very interesting thing. A mystery thriller. A pinch of sci-fi thrown in too.

Both bring a novel idea to the table and flawlessly execute it. Another thing in common is period setups.

Both get a from me.

Slow Horses Season 3 : Still good if not better than the previous seasons. Though I felt you need to suspend belief at times. Looking forward to reading the books now.

Slow Horses Season 3 : Still good if not better than the previous seasons. Though I felt you need to suspend belief at times. Looking forward to reading the books now.
Yep no one makes em better than the British...
Their crime dramas as well as espionage thrillers are a class apart, no matter what..
Slough house aka slow horses has been very good.. Gary Oldman has been sensational in it)

I like these British thrillers and detectives shows already watched...
Father Brown (vert light yet enjoyable due to the settings)
Foyle's war (police detectives in the 2nd world war times, pretty awesome slow paced)
Endeavour (prequel to Inspector Morse, awesome one)

Currently watching Chelsea Detectives,
Shakespeare & Hathaway (very light comedy sleuthing show)

I like these British thrillers and detectives shows already watched...
Father Brown (vert light yet enjoyable due to the settings)
Foyle's war (police detectives in the 2nd world war times, pretty awesome slow paced)
Endeavour (prequel to Inspector Morse, awesome one)

Currently watching Chelsea Detectives,
Shakespeare & Hathaway (very light comedy sleuthing show)
Yes, and here is a pretty long list of such shows -
My top recommendation for a new watch is Jonathan Creek. It is freakingly fantastic.

Scavengers Reign on JioCinema is 8.5/10 for me, its an animated series about a group of people who are stranded on an undiscovered planet, the best thing about the show is symbiotic relationship between everything that exists on the planet , bit of a studio ghibli vibe, but beautifully produced

I don't generally watch animations, but couple of year back stumbled upon CastleVania (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6517102/)
Liked it a lot and watched all 4 seasons..

In the same series a prequel has just arrived
CastleVania Nocturne..
Just finished it as well, a bit toned down this one is from the earlier 4 seasons, but still. Pretty nice...
All about vampires and more vampires, vampire hunters, magicians and Dracula and his son and what not...

First episode down, looks quite good.
Hmm.. I fell asleep unfortunately during the first ep. It was crawling. I don't know why they had to market it with the name of the movie. They could have named it anything rather than sully the rep of Brangelina.

I don't know why they had to market it with the name of the movie. They could have named it anything

Yup…Everybody who love or hate this show agreed on the above statement - The name brings low ratings.
Hope the rest of the remaining episode keep me there.

Done with lot of series/episodes in past couple of months
Seal Team (6 seasons) - action entertainment 7/10
Bosch:Legacy - as good as usual 8/10
Reacher S2 - they keep releasing the episodes, yet to watch last 2 episodes . Slow as usual, just a timepass watch 5/10
Mumbai Diaries S2 - OK, time pass watch 6/10
The Shield (7 seasons) - action entertainment 6/10
Kumari Srimathi - little fun to watch, family entertainment 7/10
Vyooham - gripping thriller with not so good ending 8/10
Dhoota - good one 7/10
Suzhal - very good one 9/10
Aspirants S2 - feel good watch 9/10

Madam Secretary (currently watching) - time pass 7/10

Done with lot of series/episodes in past couple of months
Seal Team (6 seasons) - action entertainment 7/10
Bosch:Legacy - as good as usual 8/10
Reacher S2 - they keep releasing the episodes, yet to watch last 2 episodes . Slow as usual, just a timepass watch 5/10
Mumbai Diaries S2 - OK, time pass watch 6/10
The Shield (7 seasons) - action entertainment 6/10
Kumari Srimathi - little fun to watch, family entertainment 7/10
Vyooham - gripping thriller with not so good ending 8/10
Dhoota - good one 7/10
Suzhal - very good one 9/10
Aspirants S2 - feel good watch 9/10

Madam Secretary (currently watching) - time pass 7/10
It's good you remember the names of all these series
After a few days of watching, I forgot the name of the series.

First episode down, looks quite good.

Hmmm.....
4 Episodes down, this series lacks Action, espionage etc all the spy s**t is missing, need more in quantity - Sorry it didn't turn out what I was hoping for after watching the first episodes.

Now I hope the 'Criminal Record' do well as this British Detective Show - didn't watch a single episode as waiting for Season Completion.

Back