English TV series discussion

Holy Shit! "The good place"'s finale was mindblowingly awesome! Early contender for best finale of the year and GoT will have a hell of a time surpassing it. Mike Schur just keeps improving with every show he makes.

I hope NBC picks it up for season 2.

Black Mirror was and is an exceptional show that no one should miss. Awesome and different.

Just finished The Night Of, and it was pretty good. Some 'desi' bits in there too. Just the ending seemed a bit rushed and cliched compared to the basic plot which was otherwise pretty good. I would rate it 7.5 bordering on 8/10. Great acting, direction and production values; the true star of the show however was John Turturro, imo. Maybe the cat too.

A fun comedy is Man Seeking Woman, to me somewhat reminiscent of 'She's Out of My League'. Maybe it's because Jay Baruchel is being stereotyped as the loser nerd. Pretty good though.

Completed Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency after binge watching the entire season over the weekend. It was brilliant. Thanks to whoever suggested it in this thread. :)

Watched Mr Robot ep 1. It might be the first time that hacking is not shown as some flashy gimmick! The linux commands and the terms used looked quite authentic.
Apart from that, it seemed quite edgy and I enjoyed it. Does it get darker?

Completed Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency after binge watching the entire season over the weekend. It was brilliant. Thanks to whoever suggested it in this thread. :)
You are welcome. If you were like me watching it episode by episode you would have been confused as hell ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1486469932][/DOUBLEPOST]
Watched Mr Robot ep 1. It might be the first time that hacking is not shown as some flashy gimmick! The linux commands and the terms used looked quite authentic.
Apart from that, it seemed quite edgy and I enjoyed it. Does it get darker?
Season 1 yes it gets way way darker. Personally I felt S02 was a downer

Back