English TV series discussion

The Expanse was boring. The ship crew bits were the only engaging part but even those characters were not all that memorable.
Expanse combined two things I am always wary off: 1. Syfy channel - they tend to produce a large number of sci-fi shows and while some of them have interesting premise somehow they never get good actors. So most of the shows come across as bad. 2. Thomas Jane - Never liked this guy since the Punisher movie, then there was Dreamcatcher, The Mist etc. His acting feels something made for Syfy ie wooden.

I dropped it after a couple of episodes. Not got much to watch today so might pick it up again. It had a House of Cards kind of vibe.

Any good TV shows that are only a season or 2 in? I've watched/am watching most of the standard ones and I feel that I just can't find good shows anymore!

Any good TV shows that are only a season or 2 in? I've watched/am watching most of the standard ones and I feel that I just can't find good shows anymore!

Good quality shows are hard to come by these days, most of them are just more of the same generic cliche'd crap we've already seen a hundred times.
I was in the same boat and started watching Black Mirror this week, highly recommended if you haven't watched already, it only has 13 episodes across 3 seasons and a special.

Good quality shows are hard to come by these days, most of them are just more of the same generic cliche'd crap we've already seen a hundred times.
I was in the same boat and started watching Black Mirror this week, highly recommended if you haven't watched already, it only has 13 episodes across 3 seasons and a special.

Thanks, haven't seen Black Mirror. Will check it out.

And agreed with the lack of quality shows part. There is a real dearth in quality of TV shows these days. :mad:

I have heard good stuff about Preacher. I am personally hesitant to pick up new shows tbh. Never know when it will be cancelled like Hannibal, Penny Dreadful, Dollhouse, Terminator.

I was so frustrated with it ending in such a cliffhanger and then the US show never happening.
The subject matter is too much for most of us to handle as it is the scary truth and our generation can only hide their heads in sand rather than acknowledge the ticking time bomb.

P.S. Have started Taboo solely for Tom Hardy and the first episode didn't disappoint.Let's see how the subsequent ones shape up.

Back