English TV series discussion

Preacher hype.

f1RwE0t.gif

Quite the letdown this turned out to be.

The guy playing Cassidy nailed it. Didn't look the part in the Pilot, but by E02, he was Cassidy.

Jesse Custer however was a total disappointment.
He's supposed to be a righteous dude, the man every man would want to be. Instead he has nothing going on for him, no character, no spine, nothing.

The Saint of Killers origin story didn't feel right either. "Not enough Hate, Not enough Gun." :meh:
Wonder if they left out the part where he shoots Satan in the face because of some PC agenda.

Basically other than the first and last episode, everything felt like a filler that wanted to go nowhere.
The finale may have saved it, I was beginning to think they were planning to set the entire show in Annville.

Well, 2 new shows had hooked me absolutely and somewhat restored the faith in new t.v. shows
1. Stranger things: binge watched it. Nostalgic setting, Music,atmosphere and surprisingly good acting from the kids did the trick.
2. The Night Of: New HBO series which tells the tale of a man wrongly (supposedly) convicted of a murder. It's a slow and steady burner

Making of a Murderer was actually quite well paced. Just finished watching it a few days ago and it was really good.

Started watching Black Mirror and I must say, it's quite brilliant. Gives us a glimpse of what our future can be like and how gadgets and softwares which we feel are really helpful, might actually be harmful for us in the end. Like how Facebook has actually decreased our Social interactions.

Making of a Murderer was actually quite well paced. Just finished watching it a few days ago and it was really good.

Started watching Black Mirror and I must say, it's quite brilliant. Gives us a glimpse of what our future can be like and how gadgets and softwares which we feel are really helpful, might actually be harmful for us in the end. Like how Facebook has actually decreased our Social interactions.
Both amazing shows.

So I finally finished watching Stranger Things, it grew slightly on me over its run but my original assessment still stands true.
It doesn't have anything new to offer at all and the plot is wafer thin but the cast, the genre tropes, constant throwbacks and the synthwork worked in its favor.
I personally felt that Winona was the weakest link, can't blame her though, it was probably her first job after the shoplifting incident after all.
Like someone already mentioned it's good, not great. 6/10[DOUBLEPOST=1470943511][/DOUBLEPOST]
On an Entourage marathon these days. On Season 05 right now. Man, i love this show. The character, Ari Gold, is a one sick b**st**d. Other characters, especially, Johnny Chase, are cool. Really liking a show after a long time.

They wrapped it up with a movie late last year, fyi in case you don't have it already on your hdd.

Preacher -- Well there is silly like Evil Dead and then there is this. Instead of investing in its silly storyline it tries to be more serious and contemplative, which just falls flat.

Currently on episode 7 of Narcos S2 and it has been as good as the first season so far, the weakest parts of the show are still the ones in English and the scenes including the DEA agent, he sticks out like a sore thumb and kinda lacks the acting chops tbh.
Also, I haven't been able to take some of the scenes seriously ever since I noticed that the actor who plays Pablo looks a lot like pappu :p

loj6Fgg.jpg

Last edited:
Back