English TV series discussion

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Can anyone suggest me some TV series that girls would like ? I need that for my wife since she is quite bored here. She has seen Hustle and LOST. Please suggest something which might be gripping and may be mystery. Not sure what she would like, may be she might read the synopsis on IMDB or something before i get the series.

The Killing & Ringer. The latter would be more appealing to her.

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
Can anyone suggest me some TV series that girls would like ? I need that for my wife since she is quite bored here. She has seen Hustle and LOST. Please suggest something which might be gripping and may be mystery. Not sure what she would like, may be she might read the synopsis on IMDB or something before i get the series.

Try some old sitcoms like Everybody loves Raymond and King of Queens.
Married couples can relate to above shows much better.

haris5sani

Adept
May 17, 2009
New Delhi
Breaking Bad? The first season may be a bit boring but it picks up after that. A female friend of mine (settled in the US) recommended Breaking Bad to me. :ashamed:

Yeah starting is li'l boring, but keeps the audience attached to main story line.
Things pace up in next seasons. Watched all 4 seasons. Would rate - 8.5 / 10.
Eagerly waiting for Season 5 :)

Nov 24, 2011
Delhi
started breaking bad .. is it supposed to be like this forever or the plot will be more engrossing later because as of now I am thinking of dumping it.
Plz suggest some con act series / detective ones. :)

Vij

Skilled
May 22, 2006
Breaking Bad? The first season may be a bit boring but it picks up after that. A female friend of mine (settled in the US) recommended Breaking Bad to me. :ashamed:
:happy26: IMO, the first few episodes of Breaking Bad season 1 were pretty good. It slows down a bit in the middle of the season and then picks up again.
The final episodes of every season was gripping.