English TV series discussion

dipen01 said:
Themes from US crime culture in 50s/60s - Noir... But now with updated tech, content and style.. one can refer it as neo noir... Shadow line according to me felt like Neo Noir.

I don't recall similar TV Shows because I haven't watched that category that much..But I have watched quite a few movies.. In the past I have skimmed through some Pilots and then stopped watching it..!

Shadow Line - It can be compared to the movie rat-race, only without comedy and with Police, Thugs, Mafia trying to reach to the finish line faster than each other..!

Ohh good then. I would procure it then.

^ The show is simply brilliant. Just a heads up that the episodes are longer than the pilot (1:30, almost a full length feature film) and the first episode might look a bit drab compared to the pilot as it is the same story told slightly differently, and of course elaborately.

finished Sherlock.the Finale just blew me Away.i Stand By My previous statement.It is THE BEST SHOW I Have ever watched..The acting is Superb,the HUD (Like its displayed onscreen what the text contains when Watson receives a text) the background score..and everything else,is awesome.
Eagerly waiting for season 2

there is something very entertaining about british shows...spy,and misfits are the other two that i have watched...works of art actually...

Finished watching Breaking Bad Season 4 and I'm convinced this show just kicked Dexter in the gonads. The finale was completely explosive (literally) and I was almost at the edge of my seat in the last 2 episodes. I think this show deserves it's own thread. Anyhow, I think it concluded pretty well, so it would really be good, if they don't try to force feed us another season. Absolutely amazing show and highly recommended. :D

Ethan_Hunt said:
Finished watching Breaking Bad Season 4 and I'm convinced this show just kicked Dexter in the gonads. The finale was completely explosive (literally) and I was almost at the edge of my seat in the last 2 episodes. I think this show deserves it's own thread. Anyhow, I think it concluded pretty well, so it would really be good, if they don't try to force feed us another season. Absolutely amazing show and highly recommended. :D

the season 4 was the best season i have ever seen in any show. (dexter, lost, 24, prison break, include anything u want)

the acting was superb and the scene where walt snaps and starts laughing towards the end was too good.

anyways there is going to be another season and i feel its gonna be now heisenberg vs jesse

^^ Is it out? I was planning to Watch the whole series together..naah Lets Download it already

Finished watching It...Hardly anything i have seen so far is as brilliant as this..Superb twists,Script,cinematography and the style..just plain superb

Just saw the first episode of 'Suits' and it was really good. But I guess this formula of "know everything and close every cases" is used very often. The Mentalist, White Collar, Lie to Me, Fringe, Psych, Castle (?) etc. all of these float the idea of one person having a unique talent and/or being a good observationalist and helps out the law enforcement authorities in one way or the other.

^^

But Pysch/Castle is a bit different and awesome-er. :D Gus and Shawn chemistry is just brilliant.

White collar.. hmmm.. okayish.

Mentalist > Lie to Me.

Fringe, its getting slow for me now. :S.

Ethan_Hunt said:

agree with this...overall its easily one of the best shows

No you can't. The storyline is linked with each season. There are important prologues, at the start of each episode, which provides vital flash-back sequences. Of course, the character development happens gradually, so you'll need to patiently bear the first season. The second season is where it really picks up the pace and by the end, you'll be drooling for more. ;)

Watched Sherlock season 2 episode 1. I like the way, the've changed things to fit the modern era. Brilliant acting and good cinematography. Wish they could do something about those damn movies. Dint like Sherlock Holmes part 1. But this series is making up for it.

Back