English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

For some odd reason, comedy series dont go well with me. Tried watching Friends and TBBT. Was yawning most of the time. :\

Have to try out some anime. :p

For now, thrillers ftw! Waiting for Dexter S4. :D

House gets my Vote Season 4's Da Best.:hap2:
In Anime if ur a Mecha Fan try Gundam Seed 00:bleh: or Tenjou Tenge if you more inclined to Martial Arts:p

47Shailesh said:
hey anyone know what's the song name which plays at the end of Californication Season 2 ep12. Something "and the sky is red.."

If the lyrics were 'all the leaves are brown and the sky is grey', I would say the song is "California Dreaming - The Mamas and the Papas. (Considering the show is called Californication :p )

The shows I am watching right now..

Burn Notice (Good fun.)

Criminal Minds

Supernatural

CSI*** - Morpheus is in it now!

House MD

Fringe - Am tiring of it. Was stupid enough initially to be funny now it's just....

And I would highly recommend 'The Middleman'. Awesome show, thought it looks like it has been cancelled. :(

Gannu said:
For some odd reason, comedy series dont go well with me. Tried watching Friends and TBBT. Was yawning most of the time. :\

How about comedies like Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm etc?

Currently Watching:

1.The Burn Notice (nice, but I have a feeling the plot will start to drag in the third season)

2.Legend of the Seeker (started off decently, but now leering towards mediocrity)

3.Knight Rider - Crap, though the geek babes are hot ! :p

4.The Wire - has me hooked, first season was mind blowing, now on Season 2

5. Chuck - First Season was decent, but now it has started to drift. Though the last episode added a new twist. watch it for Yvonne ! :)

Other Series that I watched this year -

Merlin ( was turning out to be a good fantasy series, but seems to have ended prematurely after 13 episodes :( )

Afro Samurai - good animation series with brilliant voice overs (Samuel L Jackson FTW), but the mecha part put me off a bit. Nice art and fast paced.

On the to watch list:

Monk

House

Dr. Who

Supernatural

(Ya I know all of them are great, but I need time to dig into 5 seasons of each of these !)

Gannu said:

What about "How i met your mother"?
Its a pretty good comedy, better than most of them.

mallik said:
Currently Watching:

1.The Burn Notice (nice, but I have a feeling the plot will start to drag in the third season)
2.Legend of the Seeker (started off decently, but now leering towards mediocrity)
3.Knight Rider - Crap, though the geek babes are hot ! :p
4.The Wire - has me hooked, first season was mind blowing, now on Season 2
5. Chuck - First Season was decent, but now it has started to drift. Though the last episode added a new twist. watch it for Yvonne ! :)

Other Series that I watched this year -
Merlin ( was turning out to be a good fantasy series, but seems to have ended prematurely after 13 episodes :( )
Afro Samurai - good animation series with brilliant voice overs (Samuel L Jackson FTW), but the mecha part put me off a bit. Nice art and fast paced.

On the to watch list:

Monk
House
Dr. Who
Supernatural
(Ya I know all of them are great, but I need time to dig into 5 seasons of each of these !)
Supernatural? Seriously?

@Bluffmaster - Well its a personal choice. I ditched PB and Lost after the first season. Have watched a few starting episodes of Supernatural, and it seemed quite interesting IMO. I don't want to debate what one likes. To each his own I say.

I have even watched OC, One Tree Hill etc just for eye candy ! Even 24, till 3rd season for that matter.

Finished watching The Big Bang Theory a few days ago. Couldn't stop laughing the whole time. A must for anyone who understands a bit of science.

Finished watching The Big Bang Theory a few days ago. Couldn't stop laughing the whole time. A must for anyone who understands a bit of science.

Thats one funny show.. and the great thing is I can relate to it cause I see myself as Raj (well a bit more brainy than him) and I have a friend who is 100% like Sheldon. :p

madmaniac said:
Thats one funny show.. and the great thing is I can relate to it cause I see myself as Raj (well a bit more brainy than him) and I have a friend who is 100% like Sheldon. :p

kippu said:
you cant talk to girls?

:lol: owned!

Thanks people for recommending The Big Bang Theory. I was sceptical before downloading it, as I'm not very good at science. Fortunately I could easily catch up with most of the references in the show. It's hilarious. :hap2:

Back