English TV series discussion

Burn Notice is decent. If not for anything, watch for Bruce Campbell.

@killmastern3 Initial seasons of Burn Notice were great but it went a bit dowhhill towards the end although it still had that b-grade action movie charm. Like sharktale already mentioned if not for anything, watch for Bruce Campbell.
If you're interested in these mercs kind of tv shows also check out The Unit.

Watched a few episodes ..couldnt stand that skinny Fiona girl

Watched S1 of Last Man on Earth, The premise in interesting enough and the fist few episodes were really fun, but they fell into the sitcom trope of no consequence character growth only inside the episode. The Finale was good though, and I look forward to S2 to see if they can turn it around.

S1 of Man seeking woman was a breath of fresh air, a totally surreal take on a standard sitcom base of the protagonist being newly single. Its not outright funny, but it is really good and held my attention for the entire season.

As for the new shows, Grinder looks promising, but I have high hopes for Muppets - It is an office style show set in a 30-rock environment with muppets, the pilot was fun.

Done with 5 episodes of Legends. Liking it so far. Sean Bean is awesome.
Watched both episodes of Blindspot. Its decent. Will watch the 3rd when it comes out. Lots of similarities to Blacklist though.
Quantico 1st episode is very average.

How is Strike Back and Burn Notice? Anybody watched?
Bruce Campbell is the best thing about Burn Notice. Also liked the character Jesse Porter(played by Coby Bell).

Strike Back is full on action. I liked it all through out. It has quite a few hotties. ;-)

Last edited:
The Following Any reviews guys ?

Mod Edit: Please follow forum etiquette and avoid using large bold fonts.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Strain" is so consistently EPIC. Cant recommend this show enough. Surprisingly very few people watch it.

My interest dropped toward the end of season 1 and I stopped watching after the first episode of second season. I will probably pick it up after the season ends.

The Following Any reviews guys ?

Mod Edit: Please follow forum etiquette and avoid using large bold fonts.

First half of S1 is excellent, it then goes off the rails, and that's a real shame because the show had some really good concepts / arcs, that were never really explored.

Back