English TV series discussion

spindoctor said:
flashforward has had a good start for sure. what i wonder though, is whether they will have any sort of decent story past the first season. the entire season is going to be based on this flashforward that needs to be resolved within the 6 months they have in the show. what happens after that, in season 2 and beyond?

there's a very real possibility that they can have a great first season and then lose it altogether later on (like heroes). or they could make it abstract and ridiculous like lost.

ya that can very well happen. but i think they would come up with something eventually because there are too many things unanswered which i dont think would be revealed in season 1 (i.e if the show is picked up for s2). we thought the same with prison break that they couldnt do anything after s1, but eventually it always remained good & kept you hooked.

& yes heroes s1 was good, but they have completely lost the plot after that. although the s4 of heroes has again become somewhat interesting.

Gannu said:
Watched Dexter S4 E2. Things're getting interesting. :eek:hyeah:

I think this would be pretty much the same as the last season. They are never going to have seasons as good as the first two.

Sad that there are no great new shows starting this season.

^First season was epic. But unlike Heroes and Prison Break which became extremely boring after their respective first seasons, Dex is still watchable.

Anyone still watching Fringe? I lost track after S1. :(

what a fantastic episode of the office today. double episode special shot at the niagara falls baed on jim and pam's wedding. the writers really went all out with the jokes. and the last sequence (no spoilers here) had me laughing my ass off all the way through. and amazing acting by the cast too. probably one of the best episodes of the show ever.

spindoctor said:
what a fantastic episode of the office today. double episode special shot at the niagara falls baed on jim and pam's wedding. the writers really went all out with the jokes. and the last sequence (no spoilers here) had me laughing my ass off all the way through. and amazing acting by the cast too. probably one of the best episodes of the show ever.

Maybe I should get my hands on office series, I had watched the British series, and it was pure awesome. Hope the Americans can emulate the same :)

SharekhaN said:
Fringe is getting so wow.
I am sure, this can beat lost in terms of sci-fi quotient :p

Aah thanx for the input. Was waiting for someone to pitch in on Fringe. I lost track after S1. :p

S1 was very very refreshing.

^^Fringe is on a major story arc. You can almost smell the meat of the story is about to start soon.

I suggest that guys start going through this season soon.

Hmm, saw the third episodes of Stargate universe, and thank god its not a sci-fi version of lost :)

Although this series is completely different from Atlantis and SG1, I think they are trying to merge in BSG, Startrek Voyager, and the Stargate series into one, if done right should be a killer combo. Although the hand held camera frenzy should die a quick deah, its really irritating.

just watched the first 3 episodes of stargate universe. i thought it was pretty ok, not sure why it's getting trashed by stargate fans all over the internet. it's so creepy that these people have almost forgotten that it's science FICTION... it's as if they actually believe the stargate cosmology is real and they are nitpicking flaws in new show :|

Gannu said:
Anyone still watching Fringe? I lost track after S1. :(

I watched the first season religiously. I'm waiting to gather a couple of episodes at one go and then start watching it. Waiting for each episode for a week long is a big pain in the ass. I doing the same with Heroes. I haven't seen the latest season's (don't even remember the season count) first episode. I'm hoping it's not boring like the 3rd season.

As for Fringe, I feel it's absolutely amazing. They ideas they have implemented for each episode and a main developing plot is all done splendidly.

chiron said:
I think this would be the perfect season to cancel Entourage. Anything more would be stretching it out.

nooooo.......

i enjoyed season 6, though it wasnt as good as the previous seasons but still a great watch.

i hope it never ends. and i want that paint ball gun which ari uses.

spindoctor said:
just watched the first 3 episodes of stargate universe. i thought it was pretty ok, not sure why it's getting trashed by stargate fans all over the internet. it's so creepy that these people have almost forgotten that it's science FICTION... it's as if they actually believe the stargate cosmology is real and they are nitpicking flaws in new show :|

Actually even I was disappointed initially, it lacks the stargate trademark light hearted humour. And frankly speaking, the first hour was terrible it basically seemed lost rip off in outer space. In addition there was hardly any story development in the 1st 2 hours, it was just a bunch of annoying people who didnt seem to get along. The shaky camera work also doesnt help things. The 3rd episode was yet a little better, more traditional stargate storyline, explore new planet through the gate etc....

Some really likable characters were the key-points of the first two series, SG1 had Jack "o" Neil, Daniel Jackson etc, and Atlantis had Mckay, Shepperd etc. This series at least for the first 3 episodes just has annoying characters who cant get along, but I do feel "Colonel Young"'s character is shaping up pretty well.

Last but not least, is an overdose of drama. I mean wtf is with recent American audience who love it, prompting franchisees like Stargate to adopt it too..like they dint have it enough in Lost or Heroes etc... There are much better shows which are getting canned in favour of reality TV or "Drama" TV etc...:p

Nonetheless after so much of cribbing I dont think many of the Stargate fans are gonna ignore this series, including me :)

Back