English TV series discussion

Completed few more episodes of Vikings. This show has now picked up pace and is headed in the right direction! Just three more remain to wind up the first season. Good portrayal of combat without excessive bloodshed (a la Spartacus) and no nudity either.

It kinda went downhill after the
Earl's death imo

Completed few more episodes of Vikings. This show has now picked up pace and is headed in the right direction! Just three more remain to wind up the first season. Good portrayal of combat without excessive bloodshed (a la Spartacus) and no nudity either.

I absolutely loved the Norse mythology ever since my Age of Mythology days. :happy:

@Santa Maria! - you should give this a watch!

Good to hear! I think I'll watch it next.
Incidentally, the last series I watched was Spartacus. Just finished it last month. I didn't mind the blood & gore. Nor the nudity :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372873727][/DOUBLEPOST]
It kinda went downhill after
the Earl's death imo.

Damn it man... spoiler tags... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear! I think I'll watch it next.
Incidentally, the last series I watched was Spartacus. Just finished it last month. I didn't mind the blood & gore. Nor the nudity :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372873727][/DOUBLEPOST]

Damn it man... spoiler tags... :(

It's pretty much obvious and predictable after the first episode.

Just the last episode left to wind up the series. Not sure what to expect in the finale. :p

It kinda went downhill after the
Earl's death imo

Ummm not for me at least. That guy was a prick anyway and deserved it IMO! :rolleyes:

Of course YMMV!

Under the Dome has been good so far. I hope it doesn't get too repetitive though considering the limited scope afforded by its premise.

Luther season 3 has arrived. I'll patiently wait for this season to wind up and watch it at one go. I'm doing the same for 'The Killing'.

Luther season 3 has arrived. I'll patiently wait for this season to wind up and watch it at one go. I'm doing the same for 'The Killing'.
I watched the first episode of Supernatural yesterday. It was good. I liked the chemistry between the 2 brothers.

BTW Luther looks like House MD took up a police job. Had watched the first episode of Season 1 last week.

Done with 5 seasons of Entourage and 2 episodes of S06. Now 28 episodes remaining to be watched.
Need to find the next series to watch from my stash.

The good bit of Entourage is over for you I'm afraid, season 7 and 8 were extremely crass and crap. So much so that ratings fell from 9.1 to 8.5 by the last season on IMDB and I totally agree with its downfall.

Completed Vikings. The finale was okay - no cliffhangers fortunately. :p

Next up - The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy! :playful:

Finished Chuck Season 3. There were very few fun moments in this season, especially the 1st half when it felt like pure suspense/drama. Hope the 4th season brings back the lighter moments (Buy More scenes do not count).

Can someone recommend me a new tv show worth watching, a lot of the stuff coming out over the past two years have been mediocre excluding Person of interest, Homeland and GoT.
A friend recommended Suits but he also said the same thing that it's a little like House where the case is solved in Eureka moments in the last 5 mins. Anything else worth watching ? A lot of my fav shows are ending or have already ended.
Also is there any funny sitcom currently on - I stopped watching HIMYM years back along with TBBT (laughter track every minute is too damn irritating). What's the scene with British comedies these days ?

Started Hannibal - just watched the pilot and I am impressed by it. Dunno how it'll be later - nice to see 'Mads Mikkelsen' as Lecter.

Back