English TV series discussion

Can't wait for the best show on television.

KxFtllP.jpg

Completed Orphan Black's first season last night and I'm blown away. Awesome show! Tatiana Maslany was absolutely amazing in her role(s). It's thrilling and suspenseful. Interesting set of characters and a wacky storyline.

Also, managed to catch up with Da Vinci's Demons first episode and this was again quite good. The CGI feels ripped out of an Assassin's Creed II trailer. There is a part in the first episode right at the beginning when the Pope is approaching to the cathedral with his guards. The camera pans in from top and you can clearly notice that the characters too have been CGI modeled. But the over-all look is quite artistic. This is as close as it gets to an Assassin's Creed experience, minus the accent.

Anyone following Hannibal ? Great show in my opinion, although it takes a few eps to get past the ... central theme of the protagonist.

After the recommendation of @Aman27deep to start fraiser, i obliged last week and it has been terrific.
Finished season 1 in just 2 days.
The characters are fantastic.
Yeah, I feel the show is very underrated. Whenever anyone asks for comedy Frasier and Seinfeld have been my staple recommendations.
It was one of the best Sitcoms i ever watched. :)
Its very intelligent comedy and very witty. So its not for everyone i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just 4 more episodes remain to conclude POI season 1. The show has become a lot lot better now. :)

Some plots get so intense like edge-of-the-seat stuff and some with weird unexpected twists! The episode I loved the most was the baby's episode. Laughed my guts out with the way the two men were handling the small baby. :hilarious:

I also happened to notice something peculiar - profanity in the show is almost nil! I never happened to come across the usage of the F word, not once! I came across one ‘Kiss my a**’ but that was just once but other than that, almost nothing. And besides, most logos of the products are blanked out - in particular, Reese’ Nikon D5100 is missing the Nikon logo, almost all iPhones have a cover that covers the Apple logo on the back of the phone, several Macbooks have a weird sticker stuck on top of the Apple logo behind the display, all Dell displays in the NYPD have the Dell logo behind the display covered with some bar code, Harold’s HP laptop has the HP logo blanked. Any idea why they do that? Do these guys have to pay something to the manufacturers if they need to show the logo?

And besides, most logos of the products are blanked out - in particular, Reese’ Nikon D5100 is missing the Nikon logo, almost all iPhones have a cover that covers the Apple logo on the back of the phone, several Macbooks have a weird sticker stuck on top of the Apple logo behind the display, all Dell displays in the NYPD have the Dell logo behind the display covered with some bar code, Harold’s HP laptop has the HP logo blanked. Any idea why they do that? Do these guys have to pay something to the manufacturers if they need to show the logo?
^I think its the other way around. The companies have to pay them for product placement. Maybe it was a creative decision to not include any brands in the show. These days some shows can get pretty cheap with that.
Also, managed to catch up with Da Vinci's Demons first episode and this was again quite good. The CGI feels ripped out of an Assassin's Creed II trailer. There is a part in the first episode right at the beginning when the Pope is approaching to the cathedral with his guards. The camera pans in from top and you can clearly notice that the characters too have been CGI modeled. But the over-all look is quite artistic. This is as close as it gets to an Assassin's Creed experience, minus the accent.
Give the show a few more episodes, it really grows on you. Although I am pretty sure its way off from the actual history but who cares, Da Vinci is cool, period. Just wait till you get to the episode where Da Vinci meets Dracula.
[DOUBLEPOST=1370839574][/DOUBLEPOST]Just completed, The Walking Dead Season 3. In my opinion it was the weakest season of the series thus far but atleast it has hyped me up to play "The Last of Us". :D

^I think its the other way around. The companies have to pay them for product placement. Maybe it was a creative decision to not include any brands in the show. These days some shows can get pretty cheap with that.

I get you. Fringe has couple of scenes where they explicitly advertise sprint and video calling and in one scene, they advertise Google wallet and one of the characters' mentions that this is how people now pay for stuff.

JusI also happened to notice something peculiar - profanity in the show is almost nil! I never happened to come across the usage of the F word, not once! I came across one ‘Kiss my a**’ but that was just once but other than that, almost nothing. And besides, most logos of the products are blanked out - in particular, Reese’ Nikon D5100 is missing the Nikon logo, almost all iPhones have a cover that covers the Apple logo on the back of the phone, several Macbooks have a weird sticker stuck on top of the Apple logo behind the display, all Dell displays in the NYPD have the Dell logo behind the display covered with some bar code, Harold’s HP laptop has the HP logo blanked. Any idea why they do that? Do these guys have to pay something to the manufacturers if they need to show the logo?

It's CBS, network programming, can't use much profanity and violence. That is the reason why Hannibal is in much light; it airs on NBC I think.

Also, brands don't want to be associated with certain shows sometimes. You need to take their permission before showing them. Suppose you show a brand being used in bad light, that would be a hindrance to them. Most TV shows just don't bother taking permission for every other shot and just removed the logos.

Makes sense. The things the iPhone does in the series! Hacking intro electronic locks, pairing with other phones by cloning. :hilarious:

@Bluffmaster and @raksrules That's only true sometimes. When the company wants to advertise itself or their product, they shell out big cash. But the shows have some strict guidelines to follow if you feature their product with branding visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back