Graphic Cards Enabling hardware acceleration for 1080p rips

Did you all try the Overlay mixer mode in MPC? MPC lags when you run in VMR7 or VMR9 mode. I find Haali's buggy.

I second _pappu_ on this. Get your settings right.

Also, in External filters, set CoreAVC Video Decoder and CoreVorbis Audio Decoder to preferred mode (optimal settings for h264).

Search doom9 forums and you'll know that I am right. :p

@pappu & free radical: People, we KNOW we (me and czar atleast) have to get our codecs right and yada, yada. :) The issue is NOT with playing 720p files effortlessly or even running 1080p decently. It's about enabling hardware detection and utilizing our existing graphics cards and getting flawless playback through them. Most importantly 1080p flawless playback independent of CPU power.

@superczar & bottle: YES IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! :D Will post screenshots later tonight but I did everything as mentioned for both MPC-HC and KMplayer.

2 things happened>
1. MPC-HC died with the PowerDVD H.264 codec, I tried blocking out everything but it still died. Finally worked when I used the internal filter of MPC itself but then there's somehow no way that DXVA's turning on even though the option is ticked. :(

2. KMPlayer worked flawlessly! :D Much smoother playback with 25-40% CPU utilization and a no problems whatsoever in seeking through the video!

Danke!
Payne

that home cinema version of mpc works great by itself :D havent yet tried the rest of the tweaks they mention but mpc hc alone reduced cpu usage by half.. majority of the 720p and 1080p movies all only use up 15-18% cpu and one movie i was having issues with (60% and above cpu usage and sync issues) has totally cleared up. no video and audio sync issues and cpu usage dropped to 22%

even seeing 0% usage on some 720p rips

:)I have played a 720 p coded file using power dvd 7.. CPU shows less then 30% usage.

However inside power dvd the option for enabling hardware acceleration is disabled by default.

what can be the problem? :(:(

umm...i just did a fresh install of xp (at 4pm..hard drive died on me :( ), updated gom player (for the codecs) and ran 1080p in vlc... getting 20%cpu usage

so i guess my method works too :D

will post screens if u want

EDIT: posting pic but cant see vid coz i took screen with printscreen (so video overlay is black but it was running as seen by pause button in vlc)

hence, it works :p

I have few 720p videos, and nvidia 8400gs gfx card, the cpu usage has remained unchanged with the method given in box torrents....tried in mpc hc and with powerdvd 7.3 n .net 3.5 on xp

Still hovers arnd 40% and also in the filters when check the details it shows "not using DXVA"

mpcvr7.th.jpg

bottle said:
that home cinema version of mpc works great by itself :D havent yet tried the rest of the tweaks they mention but mpc hc alone reduced cpu usage by half.. majority of the 720p and 1080p movies all only use up 15-18% cpu and one movie i was having issues with (60% and above cpu usage and sync issues) has totally cleared up. no video and audio sync issues and cpu usage dropped to 22%

even seeing 0% usage on some 720p rips

MPC-HC has a built in decoder for H264 as well which was why I got reduced cpu usage . Seems it works only with ati cards though :lol: going to the debug menu shows DXVA enabled

I got 10-20% on 1080p on a 8600GT, guess it works on nvidia too

update: using powerdvd decoder on kmplayer reduces cpu usage but the video stutters at random intervals

the only player which seems to work flawlessly is the one in the link above (Mplayer on windows) with low cpu usage, no stuttering and excellent seeking

the problem is enabling spdif passthru does not work :(

anyone got that working?

Back