Storage Solutions Emergency recovery of 9+TB of Data.. Please Advise

Can we know who the mad man was;) . Just wanted to know who the villain of this thread is .
I had a similar situation some years back when my dumb GF formated my 8gb USB which contained imp projects and rare photos just to copy 100MB of songs :facepalm:! We almost broke up . Alas data was recovered but corrupt beyond useable . Lesson learned . From that day onwords i made it a point to always back up imp data on other external sources like Blu ray disks or external HDD's , this saved me from a heartache when my 1 TB HDD died few months ago.

Sorry but the matter is personal to be discussed in the forum.
But I was real angry when stuffs like this happen.. my backup as well as the original data were connected. so lost both at same time. but the use of 'mad' person isn't figuratively, it is in fact literally. the person later was diagnosed by actual mental disorders. very late for me for regret.

Please try Mini tool partition recovery... One of the best recovery softwares that I have used . One of my friend was in same situation, I was able to recover full 2TB of data .. very efficient and simple tool. Give it a try

Just subscribed to this thread for future unwanted situations. Glad you got the data back. Maybe the force be with you :p

I never keep backup hdd's connected to the pc. I store them in cupboard. To update folders, I just take them out and connect through hdd dock to pc.

It is best to use online storage to store important data.All my important data have two copies....one stored in Google Drive and another in Windows Skydrive!! You can buy more storage at several other websites

Yes, the critical data is always stored with backups at 3 places. but when dealing with WIP files/projects it can be pretty large. and its not feasible to store them online.

I had my 1 TB drive go kaput on me a couple of weeks back. Testdisk did not work for me and I am now trying R Studio for the recovery. It's got decent reviews online, youj may give that a shot too.

When you say kaput, do you mean it wouldn't be detected in Windows?

I had a similar incident, but only with a 2TB WD drive. The data is around 800GB odd, which if possible, I would want to recover. So would like to know if there is even a sligtest chance of that happening. But I'm not sure how one would even recover something from a drive which can't even be detected.

I had a similar incident, but only with a 2TB WD drive. The data is around 800GB odd, which if possible, I would want to recover. So would like to know if there is even a sligtest chance of that happening. But I'm not sure how one would even recover something from a drive which can't even be detected.

By Kaput i mean the HDD is being detected but i cannot access the drive. Window pops up asking for me to format the drive. I checked using Hd tune and there area few bad sectors on the HDD. Still havent been able to get my data back.

If the HDD is not detected in the BIOS, you'd need to replace the board or give it to a professional recovery service. It could be that the board has died or the heads have crashed.

By Kaput i mean the HDD is being detected but i cannot access the drive. Window pops up asking for me to format the drive. I checked using Hd tune and there area few bad sectors on the HDD. Still havent been able to get my data back.

If your HDD is being detected, you can use one of the tools mentioned to recover your data. It's doubtful that the data in permanent bad sectors will be recovered, but anything is better than nothing.

On a similar note, I was able to recover 100GB+ data using recuva and r-studio. Awesome softwares these two.. :)
And great service from WD too, got RMA'd disk in 2 days..

WoW, 2 days ?! you are from which city ? Anyway, I always use Easeus Data recovery app [ pro ed. ] for data recovery purposes and so far it served good.

Back