elderly friendly mobile phones

amitkher

Disciple
Hello Gurus,
Please suggest elderly friendly mobile phones for my aunt. She is currently using a Nokia so Nokia phones would be preferable - but she can consider other brands also. Feature list:

1. Large text font. At least an option for large fonts.
2. Should not have too many buttons on its sides/back. Such buttons get pressed by mistake and confuse the user by opening strange applications.
3. Torch-light would be a plus.
4. Great battery life.
5. Should not be too small/thin. Kind of a well-built, muscular phone.
6. Good loudspeaker, easy to activate.
7. FM radio would be a plus. It would need to have inbuilt radio receiver and run on loudspeaker because attaching handsfree etc. will be too complicated.
8. Large clock display on its "home screen" would be a plus.

Other features that are typically useful for elderly people?

The 5030 is a pain for my folks to use. The buttons are too small and not enough space between them, and require a microscope to see at night with the thin font and reverse keys. I didn't buy it for them but as a backup phone for when mine was on the blink. I thought they could use it, but they can't. Voice quality is terrible, as is the sound from the built-in phone speaker that is used for FM playback. It's worthless.

For elderly folk, look for buttons that are not flush with the phone face, and preferably black on white print. I know the 1100 is old, but it's a really easy to use phone because it's so basic - very easy for old folk. No radio though, and not sure about the speakerphone. There may be an updated model with a colour screen - but stick to black and white, it's easier to read.

Thanks guys. Websites like gsmarena don't even review such phones so that I could compare their loudspeaker/battery life etc. with other phones. There are not many youtube reviews of such phones too.

Any idea about loudspeaker & battery life of these phones?

5030 has a cover for charger, will need to break the cover. Anyway radio is not extremely important. I guess nokia phones don't have really large fonts.

Back