CPU/Mobo ECS Intel Boards

Freaky

ex-Mod
Saw a few Intel boards of ECS the last time I went to Ritchie. In fact, saw the boards in my earlier visit too but didn't give them any attention. When I went this time, there were a lot of ECS boards on the shelves. Am not too sure if these are any good or if they're available anywhere else in India. Just wanted to pass on this info. If they're good, then they might be useful for our dear Intel users ;)

Yeah even the ECS K8N Extreme is a decent board, nicely coloured, well laid out, OCes pretty well too...

All ECS boards also come with that Nifty utility "Top-Hat Flash".

Edit : Its featured in the Nov. 2005 Digit Tests...

I rememebr reading a few years back in a Taiwan computer magazine that ECS is the worlds largest maker of mother boards and most of their stuff is OEM. The ECS boards are quite a bit cheaper all over the world because of their mass production - but in India the importer is NUTS he has priced them nearly as much as ASUS MSI and Gigabyte !! :mad:

Indian importers are Ganja-addicts. Look at all the prices. AMD X2 is selling for
around US$400 everywhere, around US$600 in India. Are we supposed to be
wealthier than Yankees? Someone please slap our Government. A tight one!

ECS manufactures around 2 million boards a month. Mainly for OEM's and even for other "top notch" manufacturers who may need the capacity. Foxconn is also a very big company in terms of manufacturing, which has ventured into the retail market in a big recently. The strategies and costs of retailing are very high!!

ECS boards are value-for-money and should be positioned so. As it is the market for enthusiast products is very less so it would be a big mistake to price them high. I have seen a few of their boards with those vintron and PCS computers, who seem to import them at cheap rates. Nice to see them in the market though. More competition.

Lol. The computer industry IS managed by drop-outs and incompetent ppl. Maybe if one of us (i assume most of us are intelligent) were to setup shop and deal with the stuff we can imagine a better situation. Ofcourse we wont cuz we are more comfortable in the so called blue collared jobs. Whatever job we look down upon is never done as good we need it done. I dont say its our fault but the blame doesnt entirely lie with the govt.

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
ECS manufactures around 2 million boards a month. Mainly for OEM's and even for other "top notch" manufacturers who may need the capacity. Foxconn is also a very big company in terms of manufacturing, which has ventured into the retail market in a big recently. The strategies and costs of retailing are very high!!

ECS boards are value-for-money and should be positioned so. As it is the market for enthusiast products is very less so it would be a big mistake to price them high. I have seen a few of their boards with those vintron and PCS computers, who seem to import them at cheap rates. Nice to see them in the market though. More competition.

Lol. The computer industry IS managed by drop-outs and incompetent ppl. Maybe if one of us (i assume most of us are intelligent) were to setup shop and deal with the stuff we can imagine a better situation. Ofcourse we wont cuz we are more comfortable in the so called blue collared jobs. Whatever job we look down upon is never done as good we need it done. I dont say its our fault but the blame doesnt entirely lie with the govt.

Raghu.
Maybe some of us get together and set up a partnership type of biz dealing with directly importing the best stuff (acc'd to market demands)...we could easily set up supply points couldn't we....
And we'd be much better than most of the bania's running the hardware IT market as of today...It would be profitable...for both concerned parties...
I have a comp shop @ Jabalpur, and we do a good biz...surprising what u can achieve when u don't only think of fleecing others

Hey Freaky can you tell me in which shop you saw the motherboards??

And vandal, its a nice idea and Im game for it. Maybe we could assemble computers and members of TE can provide service/support all over the country. Minor details can be worked out. Some sort of profit sharing is necessary.

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
Hey Freaky can you tell me in which shop you saw the motherboards??

And vandal, its a nice idea and Im game for it. Maybe we could assemble computers and members of TE can provide service/support all over the country. Minor details can be worked out. Some sort of profit sharing is necessary.

Raghu.

Great....Now if we can get some more support here please!!!!!

HI TE....any more takers.....??

Back