Audio Earphones (In-Ear) for parents under 3k

sid1712

Cookies, mmm...
Adept
Hi guys, i'm looking for some comfortable in ear headphones for my parents under 3k. I've used only one or two IEM's ever (prefer headphones/ear buds) so i don't know which one is more comfortable and the reviews on head-fi are so different, i can't really be sure.

They mostly listen to older songs, with a few movies, etc thrown in.

Requirements :
1) Comfort (preferably something that gives soft tips for different sizes)
2) No sibilance (smooth highs, slightly rolled off treble should be fine i guess)
3) Decent soundstage and instrument separation
4) Balanced sound with decent isolation

I'm leaning towards the E30 but i'm not sure how me parents will take to its different fit

Last edited:
If purchasing from overseas website not an issue for you then SoundMagic E80 (current flagship of SM) fits all your criteria

Xiaomi Pistons 3 (either of red-dot or youth edition) is a decent choice too (available for under Rs 1500 within Ebay India).

I don't have an issue with ordering from overseas, just worried about the customs charges (Especially with shitty DHL)

I don't have an issue with ordering from overseas, just worried about the customs charges (Especially with shitty DHL)

True, It's always bit tricky when it comes to ordering from overseas into India.

Pistons 3 is getting some good praise for its vastly different sound signature to its bass-heavy Pistons 2 brother. This time Xiaomi has gone for more balanced sound signature (bass lite with improved sound-stage, mids, and smoothed treble over Pistons 2) if I have to go by the reviews that I am reading on them. BTW, I am myself awaiting for the arrival of Youth edition of the same (ordered it in geekbuying for roughly 530 bucks). Since you wanted a IEM that is more closer to balanced sound signature I thought pistons 3 could be a good choice (and available in India through Ebay if you don't wanna go overseas route).

I've checked out some reviews for them and you're right, they look like a decent set of earphones. Might also have a go at ordering them from aliexpress.

Back