EA Sports Cricket 2005 Demo Released

i'm still dloading the demo..crappy speeds, can't help..50MB to go :p
btw, as Aces170 mentioned fifa2k5 is a lot better than fifa2k4. :)

bought the original today. great game. it finally looks like ea have put some effort & tried to make a good game. 1st n foremost the shot animation etc are good. 2nd good thing was finally they tried to make players look like they actually do. & most of the players do look same. the gameplay is also cool. nice game, should be fun 2 players, dunno if u can play online.

yep..played the demo a couple of times yesterday,,,
the graphics are a huge improvement..players actually look like their real life counterpart.
the motion captures and animations are nicely done. the game runs smooth with all
setting high on my mx440.
but the wicketkeeper is way too fast for me...seems like flying frm one place to another.
he seems to know where the ball is going to end up after the batsman plays a defensive stroke.

now someone tell me the keyboard controls plz..the game loads very fast on my PC
and i'm unable to get all the controls in the chart. :p

heh hit print screen when that screen comes up. Quit the game and paste it into the paint :p
Thats what i did.
But i am disappointed. Like Cricket 2002/04 the only real productive shots are straight down wicket power shot and midwicket shot and leg side flick.
No matter what i cant get batsman to sweep leg side balls.
I complet the game hiting sixes over the bowlers head.
Its no fun.

Played the demo today. Its hard to comment from the demo but my overall impression was, sub-standard; not worth it.

The crowd noise still sucks. In earlier EA cricket games, it felt like the crowd response was like a lawn-tennis game, not cricket. This one enhances the feel even more. Hit an aerial shots and when the ball falls on ground, 'thwack' sounds like a lawn-tennis ball falling on a grass court. Same for the sound when ball hits the fence

Player appeals sound like rehash from C2K2 (just like in C2K4) and I won't be surprised at all if its the same with commentary.

Fielders are walking, sliding and flying on the field :p

Personally, I did not like the late appearance of the bowling pointer. Purists will love that (there was an unofficial mod for Cricket 2004 for the same thing) but for me it spoiled the fun.

All in all, I'd say the demo is throughly useless, doesnt serve any purpose at all except maybe the eye candy (which imo is not all that great anyway...better by the standards of Cricket games maybe but nothing to brag about).
It was not long enough to judge the game. You do not get to see fast/swing bowlers, opposition AI, commentary (probably left out to cut down demo size), pitch wear and tear, Autoplay quality, weather effects.

With BLIC leaving out Autoplay, it seems another year without a decent Cricket game.

The only positive that I could feel from the game was a tight and according to the field bowling and decent field placement, but again three overs are too little to tell.

^ ^ Exactly my views, the ball pointer is good, but 3 overs are too less to judge a game.. eye candy is the best ive seen so far in a cricket game.

Yep..official release date for India is 28th June (thats today ;)) but the game was in stores before the official release and it mite be the first time, a game is officially released in India before its worldwide release. :yahoo:

yes, three overs is too less to judge a cricket game but yes, the ball seems to be a tennis ball. it flies after hitting batsman's pads :p the players and the ball are less on ground friction..they seem to be slipping and sliding all over the place. the fielders are extraordinary, faster and super-human creatures...not something i'd like to see in the original version but the demo and original one released almost simultaneously indicates it will be the same.

OK guys.
Exactly as i suspected.
Gameplay is really different with analong controller.
I mean analong and not D pad.
I just played it with my xbox dual stick controller and now suddenly player will play variety of shots.
Seems like keyboard controller are little fked up.
Now i can play almost every shot in the book. Now i get leading edges trying to flick and outside offstump ball.
Now its more fun :D

Back