Storage Solutions DVD Rom tray ejection problem

ajonnet

Disciple
hi...

i have a samsung DVD writer. There is some sort of problem with the ejection system of it. When i push the button to eject the tray, the indicator(green light) gets on as usual but the tray somehow donot get eject.

For ejecting it i have to knock on the front of tray when ejection process is going on. it works 70 % of the time.

The ejection process works fine, when a CD/DVD is already there.

i had already disassemble the writer and had cleaned it up.. but could not got any success with tray ejection process yet.
if u guyz have any info on the issue plz do tell.

samsung sucks at that..same problem i had 2 yrs ago wid my samsung cd rw..u wont get it rite unless u get it repaired..or buy a new one...

Ejection problem ... :bleh: Its got to be Samsung. :eek:hyeah: Not much help can be done. Repairing will be the best policy. But sure it will occur again.
Or a new one. Not a Samsung this time. :hap5:

well i am also having a LG Cd writer. it also sometimes shows the same problem... but it is not that much serious as in the case of samsung.

i think it must be a very comman problem around with these entry level ROMS... so there must be some solution to it other than the ULTIMATE SOLUTION of buying a new one....

Shutdown the PC. Use a paper clip and insert it in the pin hole on the front of the drive and manually eject the tray. Restart the PC and the tray would automatically go inside, then check if the tray ejects properly. It sometimes helps.

ha ha ha... Samsung = ejection problem... i have to use the paper clip everytime to get the thing out... But i've found a way out.. just keep a CD in the tray.. and it'll come out fine... Works for me atleast now :D

ha ha ha... Samsung = ejection problem... i have to use the paper clip everytime to get the thing out... But i've found a way out.. just keep a CD in the tray.. and it'll come out fine... Works for me atleast now

Use a crap cd that you do not use. Because one fine morning it won't. :tongue:

On a serious note, open the screws and take out the rom. Put it in another slot. Sometimes it works. Happens in case of certain drives which have a tilt on the back side. The idea is to lift the back portion of the drive in relation to the front. Even a few mm difference counts. You can also use a bit of thin padding on the back. ;)
Try it and then report.

its really great to see so many replies.....

well the two solution viz. paper clips & to keep a CD in a tray are temporary solution...

i am looking for some solution which could get the mechanism in its original shape....

i had found while disassembling the ROM.... theres a belt mechanism which drives the tray.... so might be that belt had loosened up(just a guess)..
so is there anyway that a new belt could be arranged and replaced.. :huh:

this is a trademark for samsung. The problem i think is with the circular teeths (used in the tray ejection system) may be the teeths have worn out or they have got misaligned due to some problem. If its out of warranty, u can get a hands on experience by opening the case and check the circular teeths. may be some oiling (using a machine oil) might also solve the problem but be a bit careful with the lens assembly.

IMO instead taking it to the serivce centre or calling a service personel u'll be better off doing it ur self or else hang on with it for sometime and maybe later buy a new one.

see i got a mercury dvdwriter....same issue with the tray.....da best way to assure dat ur tray opens is dat always keep a cd or dvd within da tray....never leav it empty.....it wil open 98% of da times.....works for me always.....

i also had a samsung cd writer & dvd rom....i swore never to buy their shit ass products again....coz they tol me they cant repair da tray ... "THEN Y MAKE PRODUCTS WCH ULL CANT REPAIR :mad::mad::mad: "

btw leaving a cd inthere all the time will gradually screw up the lens i had the same issue with another drive n it conked up sooner than this one coz of leavin the cd inside alll the time

sunilyo said:
this is a trademark for samsung. The problem i think is with the circular teeths (used in the tray ejection system) may be the teeths have worn out or they have got misaligned due to some problem. If its out of warranty, u can get a hands on experience by opening the case and check the circular teeths. may be some oiling (using a machine oil) might also solve the problem but be a bit careful with the lens assembly.

IMO instead taking it to the serivce centre or calling a service personel u'll be better off doing it ur self or else hang on with it for sometime and maybe later buy a new one.

well now we are talking towards troubleshoting the problem....

but do you think that machine oil will work on PLASTIC teeths...??:huh:

SoulFire said:
btw leaving a cd inthere all the time will gradually screw up the lens i had the same issue with another drive n it conked up sooner than this one coz of leavin the cd inside alll the time
i think most of the people might be doing the same funda of putting a cd in the rom....

can u tell, after how much time did u find that the CD in the Rom has screw up your ROM....

ajonnet said:
i think most of the people might be doing the same funda of putting a cd in the rom....

can u tell, after how much time did u find that the CD in the Rom has screw up your ROM....

ive been doing this since one year now , all ok here ....

samsung :mad:

Back