Dual-sim android under 10K

vigilante

Adept
Hey guys, I need to buy a phone for my mother under 10K. Please find the template below

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10K
2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: -

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG
5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touch

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Reqd 3.2 - 5mp
7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3g/Wifi
9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Music, light browsing
10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual-sim, Good battery backup
11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony Xperia Tipo dual, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and Ace duos

I was getting inclined towards the Micromaxes but have read horror stories of their After Sales Service and would not want that headache for mom. So strictly tier 1 manufacturers only. tipo is good looking while Ace has a bigger screen and camera. Mother wont be bothered much about android updates but still thinking it would be good idea to go with ICS rather than GB.
Please provide with suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I created a same thread to buy a mobile for my cousin. Micromax 110 took the top position followed by tipo. As you are saying that you will not incline towards MMX, go for tipo dual.

If you want brand + Decent performance + Big screen then the Galaxy S Duos is the best bet.
Okish Cortex A5 1GHz processor + 768MB RAM + possible JB update.

If strictly within your budget then the Tipo Dual is the best bet.

If you are ok with a brand like Lenovo then I would recommend the Lenovo A800. Fits in your budget and also satisfies all your needs.
Lenovo A800 - Full phone specifications -> Available for ~9.5k or so in the online stores.

If you want brand + Decent performance + Big screen then the Galaxy S Duos is the best bet.
Yes I'll re-think my budget and would probably opt for GS duos if I can increase it, otherwise I'll go with Tipo dual. Thanks for all the suggestions and info guys. Will post an update after I take a decision and make the purchase.

Back