Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

120 hours! *gulp*

It's doable but would require a proper time slot.

*checks Wiki's Gaming calendar*

So we only have July and 2 week of August wide open. I wouldn't dare start anything when GTA V is about to release.

@Gannu: Yes bro, I've completed each of the titles along with the DLC's. Dragon Age: Origins was probably one of the most memorable games that I have played amongst all the RPG's that I have sunk my teeth into over the years of gaming. I have always asked you to play this series and I stand by that, difintely do give this series a play-through along with the DLC's. Although a lot of folks didn't like Dragon Age 2 I for one didn't completely end up hating it. I guess it is one of those games that just lands in that 'grey zone' of great and average. DAO was another scale altogether, for it's well woven story, sheer scale of gameplay and the amount of exploration, character building and the decisions which a player has to make while going through this journey. Riveting stuff.

I still very strongly recommend Dragon Age: Origins. It's storytelling at it's very finest and a masterpiece by BioWare. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that you will be taking this series up mate... you'll surely like it. Just one thing though the controls might throw you off in the first few minutes of staring DAO but after you spend a little more time with the game it'll be just fine. Plus the story is so good you'll get sucked right in and it's hard to leave the game from that point on really.

Gameplay hours will depend on how much you explore. For me i almost did all the side missions max to max i might have left 2 or 3 that too maybe.
Origins is an excellent game and its DLCs are also good. Anyways if you completed origins i don't think you'll think twice about whether to start DLC or not. :)
Actually i won't suggest anyone start it instantly. Seriously start it when you are totally free. It can take you up to maybe 2-3 hours to build the actual interest in the game.

Plus the story is so good you'll get sucked right in and it's hard to leave the game from that point on really.

Oh I know what a good and immersive RPG title does! I have been a victim of the black hole multiple times before - Mass Effect 2, DXHR, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Demon's Souls, Witcher 2, Bastion etc. :(

The work hours take a bad hit because I tend to crash late. Anyways, let us see how and when this pans out. Thanks for the inputs guys.

@Gannu: Yes bro, I've completed each of the titles along with the DLC's. Dragon Age: Origins was probably one of the most memorable games that I have played amongst all the RPG's that I have sunk my teeth into over the years of gaming. I have always asked you to play this series and I stand by that, difintely do give this series a play-through along with the DLC's. Although a lot of folks didn't like Dragon Age 2 I for one didn't completely end up hating it. I guess it is one of those games that just lands in that 'grey zone' of great and average. DAO was another scale altogether, for it's well woven story, sheer scale of gameplay and the amount of exploration, character building and the decisions which a player has to make while going through this journey. Riveting stuff.

I still very strongly recommend Dragon Age: Origins. It's storytelling at it's very finest and a masterpiece by BioWare. :)
Agree with Hawk..DA O is one game no rpg player should miss at any cost..and also should be tried by every gamer in general..its not a game for me its just interactive art at its best..I have played it 4 times....with all DLC..its the most memorable game I have played in a loong time..It stick with you cos you really care about the characters and story ..these kind of games are not made often...rare to come by

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Frosbite 3 won't be as demanding as CryEngine 3. If it proves to be the same as Frostbite 2 engine, then I wouldn't need an upgrade. The dragon animation seemed so fluid. That is something which has really caught my eye. The combat looks a bit slow, or may be it was just the class being used. Plenty of time to play it's previous game, before this arrives.

Thing about PC games is you won't have to wait long before seeing discounts. 10-20% within two weeks at least. Still very expensive though.

Back