Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

Reached Lvl 9. Only completed the first main quest. Again, the game is incredibly huge.

Btw, what character are you playing with and which companions you prefer to take with ou to battle.? I am playing a warrior wielding a 2 handed weapon.

I am playing an Elven mage(male). Companions vary from time to time. I keep Serra for the hilarious banter, Cassandra/Blackwall as the tank. The 4th slot varies depending upon current companion quests, enemy type or area.

I almost always have Cass with me. Excellent tank. Serra is very funny but dies pretty quickly since she is equipped with daggers. I usually have Solas as the mage but he is extremely pissed with me right now for choosing the Templar's over mages. I forgot to save the game before choosing templars. Could have played both ways and tried out i think.

Respec Serra with a bow. Cole is better with a dagger. Once you unlock the specialty trees for each class Serra's damage increase very quickly.

Respec Serra with a bow. Cole is better with a dagger. Once you unlock the specialty trees for each class Serra's damage increase very quickly.
What specialty trees? I am using Varrick for range with his trusty Bianca. Will reset Serra's stats for range. Just got Cole as a companion.

Ahh go it. Champion, reaver etc etc. What levels you need to reach to unlock this?

Last edited:
You are in Haven right? When you reach a specific point in the campaign you will unlock the specialty skill trees for every companion. That's when the story picks up and the fun begins.

OK. I am still in Haven. Have a lot of side quests to complete. Will finish it first. Also, did you kill that dragon in hinterlands? Damn thing killed me in 5 secs flat. Guess you need to much higher level to kill it.

Yes, I got party wiped by it too. Stay clear of it. Come back to it when you are about level 15 or so. There is an easier dragon in Crestwood. You can attempt that at level 12+.

* IMPORTANT*** Dont patch the game to latest patch...it is not stable and has lot of graphical issues and such for PC...its better currently to play it unpatched...also at some point they might fix the PC controls but currently its better to play it with a controller ..thats what I am doing right now..if you get it u will not regret it..but its better played with controller..the pc controls are cumbersome to handle for long hrs as ur hand will start to pain..while moving the camera around as there is no auto attack !!..I have played 70 hrs and am almost 3/4 way through

The patch had some issues, but they hotfixed it. The game is much better now. 67 hours, level 15 Knight Enchanter blowing sh*t up. Finally got around to take out the first dragon, the Northern Hunter in Crestwood.

The patch had some issues, but they hotfixed it. The game is much better now. 67 hours, level 15 Knight Enchanter blowing sh*t up. Finally got around to take out the first dragon, the Northern Hunter in Crestwood.
when you say a lot better ..what do u mean..some insight please..i havent updated it yet

- No more freezing in the main menu
- Better performance on medium-high settings
- Search highlights items on radar
- Can rotate character models with right mouse button in inventory screen

I have also disabled Motionblur through the cfg file so that helps too.

- No more freezing in the main menu
- Better performance on medium-high settings
- Search highlights items on radar
- Can rotate character models with right mouse button in inventory screen

I have also disabled Motionblur through the cfg file so that helps too.
Thanks ! Downloading now[DOUBLEPOST=1418547225][/DOUBLEPOST]I am level 16 done completed below areas...
crestwood/storm coast/fallow MIRE /hinterlands/orlais meeting with celene and got alliance with her after saving her from assasination ..convicted her cousin sister /brother and the elvan brialla or whatever...morrigaaaaaaaaaaan is with me now

Last edited:
Thanks ! Downloading now[DOUBLEPOST=1418547225][/DOUBLEPOST]I am level 16 done completed below areas...
I couldn't help myself :arghh::arghh:. Read that spoiler. Kudos man, i am waiting for that day. :angelic::angelic:[DOUBLEPOST=1418625434][/DOUBLEPOST]Champion/Templar/Reaver !!! Decisions, Decisions ... Anyone else playing warrior, some tips please!!

Last edited:
DA:I DRM got cracked and version is available. Not sure if it will give a performance boost to genuine owners, no details on that yet.

Back