Downloading rig....

hell.rocker

Disciple
Moderators please xcuse me as im new to this place n didnt knew where to post my thread............I just wanna know y people keep two rigs wid dem.......one primary n d other downloading rig.....cant they play games n download on d same rig at the same time ?? or thers smthng else which has to do wid d secondy rig........caz i have seen people in d market asking for stuff to fit in there download rig n for that purpose they choose a quite slow or else i should say low end pc.....:huh:

Download rigs which are mostly switched on 24x7 are supposed to be power efficient. Most download rigs cum media server consume less than 50w or even less. So you actually save money on power bills.

^ yeh imagine a dload rig running at 1 ghz , head less ( no monitor ), just one hd and some ram and a nic . Control it over lan whenever required. It will consume very very less power compared to a gaming rig with gcard+dvdrw+2-3 hd's :)P)+ big lcd +.........

okk......i got the answer now :D ........ ne profits related to net bandwith ...... like if i connect it through lan to internet......will it not bill ne data as its gettin an indirect cnnection from d other server ???

if thats a stupid ques plzz don make fun of it im just curious to know ....

hell.rocker said:
okk......i got the answer now :D ........ ne profits related to net bandwith ...... like if i connect it through lan to internet......will it not bill ne data as its gettin an indirect cnnection from d other server ???

if thats a stupid ques plzz don make fun of it im just curious to know ....

Nothing like that all the traffic is via one line....so u get billed the same....whether u share it with 2 or 3 computers....

Benefits

1) Power consumption

2) Noise

3) 24/7 no hassles operation

If its headless (without monitor) then you have even less power consumption....and u can hide it inside maybe a shoe box or inside a cupboard :p

Back