Downloading From IRC

NitnayLion said:
Hows about some Reps for pointing it out. J/K LoL

What I do to resume a download with AutoXDCC is

Go back to the search engine at IRCSpy and find the same file and bot again.

Then I turn off AutoXDCC.

Then I click on the icon on the search engine and AutoXDCC restarts and resumes the download where it left off.

*IMPORTANT* Be sure to use the same bot that you had at first. You may end up with a bad download if you don't.

Here is the screen shot...
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=507

WE see now abort, how can we pause and resume the download. earlier i did a 50mb/60mb files only, so i dint need those, now i am planning to download 1.4gb :)

Plz clarify....

most stupid experience i just had with this app.
turns out that if ircspy removes the listing you are grounded.
Have been downloading a game. I closed it for some time.
go back to ircspy and its not listed now in search.
goto the channel and bot is still serving.

btw any idea where the temp file is? its not in the place where i was downloading it to.(or maybe i clicked abort and close and its gone??)

No dude, i think there is not any temp files, it's like ARES, when we cancel we dont have the chance to open it and it's off from our HDD as well..

All files go to a download folder. Go to where you installed the program (default installation is to program files)

Open the AutoXDCC folder and you should see a download folder listed.

SuperNova said:
most stupid experience i just had with this app.
turns out that if ircspy removes the listing you are grounded.
Have been downloading a game. I closed it for some time.
go back to ircspy and its not listed now in search.
goto the channel and bot is still serving.

btw any idea where the temp file is? its not in the place where i was downloading it to.(or maybe i clicked abort and close and its gone??)

I can see where that would be a real pain. AutoXDCC will not work unless the file is listed in the IRCSpy search engine. You could ether wait for IRCSpy to relist it or try the following.

Go to the download folder in Auto XDCC and move the file you were downloading to the download folder in the IRC client that you use.

Then you should be able to download the rest of the file the old fashion way using IRC. Same precautions aply as to finding same bot and same file.

the prob is its not there.
i checked the folder.
first of all where its installed there is only a doc folder.
I was downloading to a ustom folder and there is no incomplete file there... i think cos i aborted the download and cancelled it.

KK, have u used it, it's so simple and easy as we do with the torrent files.

Also , before this i used to do the same old lenghty procedures and wait , but now it's easy and simple, so it does not mean that we don't know how to use the mirc and request for files....

I don't get what u are talking about.
I use xdccklipper, and there are no lenghty procedures.
Step 1. Find file in packetnews.
Step 2. Click on link
Step 3. Wait for mIRC to open up to the correct channel.
Step 4. Paste link and u are done.
Step 5. To resume, just switch on mIRC and walk away.
How does AutoXDCC make it so much easier, that I would want to go around copying files from one folder to another.
Admittedly I have not used it, but have formed a negative impression from YOUR feedback. How is it easy to use if u have to post questions on it non stop to get it to work?

Lol, we all knew this before, lion, me and supernova were thinking of writing a guide as to how to download from IRC and still we three dint do :p
Also ujjwal posted the same (wht u said) before. So we all know it.
This thread is for dicussing abt autoXDCC thing which is simple but has some limitations.

It's easy to use but we are trying to figure how to resume downloads, which are half done...

man kk.. we are trying to see if the software is any good or not?
You have to use it to see that it is indeed very easy(more easier than clipper to use)
but
as we found out
1- its heavily dependant on ircspy
2- ircspy itself sucks in indexing
3- you have serious problem(or atleast we don't know yet) how to pause a download and resume later

you can only find this if you try.

Back