Downloading From IRC

This is the easyest way I have found to download from IRC.

First thing you need is to download and install AutoXDCC. You can find it HERE.

Then use the IRC search engine at IRCSpy

After you find what you are looking for, click on the AutoXDCC icon located on your search results.

As far as I know only the search engine at IRCSpy will work with the AutoXDCC program.

I was thinking of writing a tut myself but this is just so much easier.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 150
Maybe the autoXDCC works with IRCspy but with the general use of XDCC alone then u can use that other sites i have mentioned.

The only thing bad in IRC is that of the queue. But the speeds are great in IRC....

this won't work for fserves....

reminds me i have to do a tut on irc also:eek:hyeah:.. been postponing for 4 months now
grt so we will have 3 tuts then :tongue:

@Thunderbolt - You can resume a partially downloaded file (not sure about AutoXDCC, but this is about general IRC client usage), but you cant resume queue positions, of course.

@ ThunderBolt.

You didn't give me a lot of info to work with,But this maybe one of the problems you may be haveing. When using the search engine at IRCSpy the default setting is show all the XDCC bots even the off line bots.

The off line bots are in RED type and have a RED X in the connection icon.

When looking for a file/bot try to use the one with the most gets.

If the bot places you in que you have to wait it out,or try another bot. Sometimes being in que can last a very long time.

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 157
Hmmm, guys i think we cant resume Downloads in autoXDCC, am i right?
But this AUTOXDCC is damn cool and looks like a torrent and also it works with IRCspy only and we cant resume downloads....

drgrudge said:
Hmmm, guys i think we cant resume Downloads in autoXDCC, am i right?
But this AUTOXDCC is damn cool and looks like a torrent and also it works with IRCspy only and we cant resume downloads....
lol
btw i would think that it would be better to use some script.. say anaconda/nnscript and use the normal way to download. fserve manager comes with it. Ok this is the easy way but the old way atleast gives more choices and is not that hard also

^^
I used to do that connecting server thing and requesting files and all that. But this autoXDCC was very simple just like the way we use torrents. The only disadvantage is that i dint figure out how to resume a partly done Download.

But this AUTOXDCC is damn cool and looks like a torrent

Hows about some Reps for pointing it out. J/K LoL

What I do to resume a download with AutoXDCC is

Go back to the search engine at IRCSpy and find the same file and bot again.

Then I turn off AutoXDCC.

Then I click on the icon on the search engine and AutoXDCC restarts and resumes the download where it left off.

*IMPORTANT* Be sure to use the same bot that you had at first. You may end up with a bad download if you don't.

there.. yep that was logical way of doing too cos irc itself supports incomplete downloads that way...
anyway reps to yaa.. long overdue :)

Back