DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
Looks like a poodle in flames lol.
I don't know what effect it was but i saw captain bamboo in blue trail. Loved that.

Jc36

Adept
Dec 10, 2012
Bangalore
There is an Indian server. There are also the Dubai and SEA servers which give sub 100 latency for Indians. The queue times are about 3 mins in any of these servers, not sure where and in which mode you were searching.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
There is an Indian server but it sucks. Go SEA.
If you have decent ping to US East/West try them. You'll get matched much quicker than SEA. I used to play on them a lot in sub 150ms ping.

Jc36

Adept
Dec 10, 2012
Bangalore
There is an Indian server but it sucks. Go SEA.
If you have decent ping to US East/West try them. You'll get matched much quicker than SEA. I used to play on them a lot in sub 150ms ping.

They upgraded the Indian server. We play on it now, it's quite decent with around 50 latency. No more 40% packet loss all day long.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
They upgraded the Indian server. We play on it now, it's quite decent with around 50 latency. No more 40% packet loss all day long.
Normal or ranked?
What's your solo mmr?
I checked the ping and the game displayed <100ms which is fine but searching for a match can take ages especially in my <2k mmr where I currently belong. I'm guessing most players in India belong in the 3-4.5k bracket.
The other day I played a ranked match in SEA which we won and that has excited me again. The last time I played ranked I was on a losing streak and it ended up pissing me off and depressed me so I quit altogether. Came back to only get raped by Bimba/Sniper in Overthrow. Freaking Dragon Lance. :mad: there were so many new items and the patches changed the whole game.
btw was Dagon removed from Overthrow? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I might come online later. Wanna play party ranked? My party mmr is TBA. Requesting you to carry me. :p
I might calibrate at 3k

Last edited:

Rohan7

Disciple
May 22, 2013
Mumbai

The servers are working but the quality of players is so pathetic people just dc feed and play like idiots all the time and it really takes a while to find a ranked match i get 4-5 ms ping on indian server but i prefer Sea / Dubai / Ew rather that playing with noob ****s on indian server.

Jc36

Adept
Dec 10, 2012
Bangalore
My stack rarely play ranked, pussies all of them. It's mostly unranked AP and some CM. Yes you are correct about ranked search times, they are pretty long in Indian and Dubai. However I wouldn't recommend ranked to beginners, can be pretty stressful. These days we are doing the winter quests which are pretty fun.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
The servers are working but the quality of players is so pathetic people just dc feed and play like idiots all the time and it really takes a while to find a ranked match i get 4-5 ms ping on Indian server but i prefer Sea / Dubai / Ew rather that playing with noob ****s on indian server.
Its frustrating when we are losing. But being a veteran (veteran doesn't mean a pro) on LOL scene, I can tell you that being forgiving and controlling the emotions makes one a better player. The more we cultivate the habit of being patient, more are our chances to get better and carry even the newbies.
I have grown a tier up on LOL after following this and may be it helps the Dota players too.

Rohan7

Disciple
May 22, 2013
Mumbai
Its frustrating when we are losing. But being a veteran (veteran doesn't mean a pro) on LOL scene, I can tell you that being forgiving and controlling the emotions makes one a better player. The more we cultivate the habit of being patient, more are our chances to get better and carry even the newbies.
I have grown a tier up on LOL after following this and may be it helps the Dota players too.

I am also a veteran player in Dota (10 years) but if u miss a sunstrike or something [invoker skill] they start calling u Injoker and assume you suck and you dont know shit and the usual toxic players of Sea "PUTANG IN MO BOBO" you cant be patient and forgiving at that time.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
I am also a veteran player in Dota (10 years) but if u miss a sunstrike or something [invoker skill] they start calling u Injoker and assume you suck and you dont know shit and the usual toxic players of Sea "PUTANG IN MO BOBO" you cant be patient and forgiving at that time.
If everyone is appreciative about what we do right or wrong then where is the need to be patient and forgiving?
How do you benefit by responding to troll talks and return them in same tone or even if you take offence and keep quite?

I felt thats not working for me. I understood the need to stay calm and leave the shittalkers to do their job while i concentrated on my game and my role. Every single time i took offense and responded, I failed more in the game. So started ignoring and muting ppl if required to concentrate on the game.

Rohan7

Disciple
May 22, 2013
Mumbai
The topic is drifting is some other direction i am talking about the Quality of players on Indian Server. Out of 1/10 i get good team mates on Indian server we are talking about the quality of people that people on indian server. I totally agree with what you said but what i am trying to say is Indian servers are not that good as compared to Sea and Ew.

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Jun 4, 2010
Hyderabad
The topic is drifting is some other direction i am talking about the Quality of players on Indian Server. Out of 1/10 i get good team mates on Indian server we are talking about the quality of people that people on indian server. I totally agree with what you said but what i am trying to say is Indian servers are not that good as compared to Sea and Ew.
Point noted. But bad players are everywhere. I played Dota 2 for sometime in EUW and I saw me being a noob on dota 2 doing better than ppl with higher MMRs and games on their name.

Match making is funny most of the times :)

Rohan7

Disciple
May 22, 2013
Mumbai
Point noted. But bad players are everywhere. I played Dota 2 for sometime in EUW and I saw me being a noob on dota 2 doing better than ppl with higher MMRs and games on their name.

Match making is funny most of the times :)

There are many players who boost their Mmr by sharing IDs with their friends who play good and some also buy High Mmr Ids. And some pro players even provide mmr boosting service.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Nov 30, 2011
Pandora
Bad players on India server is expected. Never join an open party request sent in the channel. No good player will send a public request lol.
Same here. Been playing Dota for about 9-10 years now since the WC3 days. I actually know what my problem is, I'm too "tryhard." I hate losing. It wouldn't be an exaggeration if I claim that Dota used to be my life. You try so hard to win but there are some idiots in your team who have a different idea. "PUT TANK IN A MALL" is also another problem. Would be great to have more players from South Korea than fillipinos.

@rakesh you forgot the reports in Dota 2. I'm not sure how Valve treat reports but I think that when a player gets reported by the players (multiple reports in a game) he reach the gates of Low Priority and fact is people misuse this system.

And the first time I heard of mmr boosting I thought that it was a joke.