Laptops Donate Dell 9300 Laptop: Service/ Shop for LCD Backlight/ CCFL Repair/ Replacement?

Donate Dell 9300 Laptop: Service/ Shop for LCD Backlight/ CCFL Repair/ Replacement?

After quite a bit of playing and checking it with external monitor etc, I've determined that the BACKLIGHT / CCFL has gone out.

This is an older laptop that I would be donating in sometime. Previously, I donated an old desktop to a friends employee (who could not afford) whose kid needed a PC for his college course. So, it took me a few days and nights to get it up and running, formatted with fresh Win XP. Now, I dont have that much time to work on it.

But, I'd like to have it fixed and working before donating it to one of the people I know who could use it. Given that its a little old and has low market value I'd prefer not to spend a lot of $$. But, from my reading around on the net, the CCFL/ Backlight replacements are low cost.

On youtube the procedure is pretty simple but I dont have as much time on hand for DIY project of this type.

Are there any repair shops/ technicians in Mumbai, preferably Andheri area who can (or have already) replace(d) the LCD Backlight/ CCFL ?

I'd appreciate any feedback / reviews of Repair Services/ Technicians you may have experienced.

Back