Domain registrar alternatives to GoDaddy ?

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Hi Guys,
Hoping I am not pulling this too OT.
I too have two domains with GoDaddy and they are due for renewal 2moro.
I am looking to transfer these domains to some other provider and also interested in buying some hosting space to start my own website.
The site will primarily be a blog and a photo gallery site to share my articles and some of my photo graphy work.
1) Which hosting service would be the best at a budget since this is purely DIY and non-commercial work. I am planning to use some free/open source templates to host my site.
2) Should I let the domain names reside with godaddy or which other registrar shall I move it to. Godaddy's renewal fees is going up and up each year.

TIA

I like crocweb for hosting. They have consistently proven it and Web Hosting Talk forum loves them

For domain, you can use any of Gandi, Namecheap or Namesilo. I personally like Gandi.

@onlyravi You should have moved at least 7 days before renewal date, It's just a safety precaution just to avoid any mess.
If you still wish to .. Transfer your domains to Bigrock.

I suggest you not use same company to host your domain and hosting. For example you can register your domain with Godaddy and host your domain anywhere else. For hosting I recommend siteground or greengeeks

Actually The renewal cost was working out to be almost the same everywhere so opted to stay with GoDaddy for this one year.
Hopefully if Google domains start their service for India by next year then I will shift to it. As it is my sites are hosted on Google apps.
Also GoDaddy has given me a promotional hosting space for a year. Still exploring it.

Back