Does SE w800i support diff video formats ?

Argus

Adept
Hi Friends,

I am seriously considering to purchase Sony Ericsson W800i. Please help me resolve the following doubt :S :

Would it be able to play video clips in .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .divx .asf format ? Or it can only play the real-format vids (.rm, .rmvb, .ram etc) ? :huh:

Or is there any other phone with good camera + audio capabilities within the budget of 18K. Presence of Symbian 60 OS is desirable but not essential.

W800i isnt a symbian phone....It wont play AVI,or DIVX files...it will only play mp4 and 3gp video files...it wont even play the real media files

In 18k...u can get the W800i,W810i
Nokia 6280,6680 even the N70 now i think and the Nokia 3250...

It will play only 3gp and Mp4 files. Look in the Guides and Tutorials for my article on how to convert from major filetypes ;)

However if you chose to go for Symbian smartphone then yes it'll play most of those major filetypes.

Good camera+Audio Capabilities+Newest Edition Of Symbian = N70.

If N70' out of your budget then 6681 is the next Symbian choice.

Thanks for the helpful replies :)

I bought a Razr V3i today, primarily coz it was damn cheap (11800 incl. bill+warranty). Will keep it for a little while and then gift it to someone in my family :p In the meanwhile I hope the rates of N90 crash like hell :eek:hyeah:

Mods may please close this thread.

Back