CPU/Mobo Does it create any problem if cpu fan is connected to system fan header ?

does it creates any problem if cpu fan is connected to system fan header instead of cpu fan header
My mobo is gigabyte h61m-ds2. plz i want to know this plz reply
my cpu is intel pentium g620

As you posted on Toms Hardware, and got the answer, I am not even sure that your pc will boot, as your MB will detect no CPU fan installed, and even if it starts, theres a risk, as the CPU fan header is PWM controlled, while normal system fans headers are not, so you run into risk of overheating your CPU

And your booting will not proceed until if you can connected ur CPU fan, for this you will need to enter your bios and disable halt at errors.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

does it creates any problem if cpu fan is connected to system fan header instead of cpu fan header
My mobo is gigabyte h61m-ds2. plz i want to know this plz reply
my cpu is intel pentium g620

Not really no, although if your BIOS / UEFI is configured to raise a warning on this topic, it will flag the same on boot. It will not, NOT STOP YOU FROM BOOTING.

Although if you are using the stock Heat Sink Fan package as provided by Intel, I recommend that you do not follow this path because --
  1. the stock HSF provided by Intel is inadequate for even cooling your system in an active state. Your processor will start over-heating.
  2. the fan is a small 92mm so will run full blast on a 3-pin connector, this will contribute to the noise levels.

Please note this is a general rule of, if you buy a massive third party HSF like the Cooler Master Hyper Z600 you can passively cool the processor with no ill effect.

As you posted on Toms Hardware, and got the answer, I am not even sure that your pc will boot, as your MB will detect no CPU fan installed, and even if it starts, theres a risk, as the CPU fan header is PWM controlled, while normal system fans headers are not, so you run into risk of overheating your CPU

There are coolers like the Cooler Master Hyper Z600 and ThermalRIGHT HR-02 Macho that are made with the express purpose of passively [without using any fans] cooling processors, even over-clocked chips. But they are correspondingly very expensive as well as very, very massive in design and structure.

For reviews on the same, please read here -- Review - Cooler Master Z600 CPU Cooler | bit-tech.net / Cooler Master Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler: A Real Heavyweight | silentpcreview.com / Cooler Master Hyper Z600: Passive Cooler with Excellent Potential to Be Active - X-bit labs / Thermalright HR-02 Macho Super-Cooler Review - X-bit labs / HARDOCP - Introduction - Thermalright HR-02 Macho CPU Air Cooler Review.

These prove that your fear of lockups on boot are unfounded as well as, till the BIOS doesn't detect the processor hitting insane extremes of temperature it will not arrest the boot sequence [maybe depending on the BIOS OR UEFI might raise a minor issue].

thnx for ur replies and plz also let me know why am i getting post screen as ultra durable 1 whereas in the manual it is given ultra durable 4. And i also connected cpu fan to cpu fan header

You can check your mobo model using cpu-z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
else gigabyte may not have bothered updating the BIOS boot logo
  1. the stock HSF provided by Intel is inadequate for even cooling your system in an active state. Your processor will start over-heating.
  2. the fan is a small 92mm so will run full blast on a 3-pin connector, this will contribute to the noise levels.
Stock HSF is adequate even for mild overclocking. G620 has a very low TDP too.
The sys fan header is 4 pin, but doesn't have PWM.

Back