Documentaries worth Watching ?

Any recco's on documentaries related to history? Some of the things that I'm looking forward to watching (but not limited to)

World War 1 and 2 - causes, strategies and effects
American history - back from the times of the natives to the early settlers to American civil war - you know basically a brush up on the whole of american history

I don't need all of the above in a single show or anything but as long as these aspects are covered, I'm happy :)

something along the lines of BBC's Story of India I suppose but with greater detail...

Currently on marathon run of Air crash investigation. I have had watched till S08 or something before and now procured season 9 to 13 and watching it.

Last edited:
Ngc is still airing old episodes of air crash investigation as new season. All these channels think viewers are fools.

Ngc is still airing old episodes of air crash investigation as new season. All these channels think viewers are fools.

You are right. But just last week or on saturday (IDK), I was surfing through the channels and the episode coming on NGC was of Air France 447, this episode is s12e13 first telecast on May 18, 2013. So they are not very far now it seems.

I also watch Scam City. I have watched entire first season and now have 4-5 episodes of 2nd season but i guess it is going to come on NGC as well, need to check on timings.

Scam city is really good. I watched almost all episodes that were telecast and stopped when the reruns started.
I think scam city comes at 11pm on some days.

Edit: I think that the incident of Malaysia MH370 will be in a future episode. It will definitely be one of those unsolved cases. Damn plane disappeared like an alien spaceship. Its been weeks now and no sign of any wreckage also.

Last edited:
I started to watch Through the wormhole but I feel really bored when doing so. I tried again with the next episode and still was bored. Don't think i am going to continue with it.

I watched just half the first episode of inside IPL. Just plain horrible. Watching paint dry or counting stars at night is more interesting.

Now instead of searching on google for top documentaries or something, i am going to youtube and just typing "documentaries" and from the results, whatever interests me, i am watching.
Today i watched one on counterfeiting and how China is the main source of counterfeit goods all round the world. Even fake eggs.
Here is link..

Watched few more Documentaries over the weekend.
One about the luxurious lifestyle of Dubai rich people
Another on Charles Sobraj

Also people who want to discover new documentaries can check the sub reddit of documentaries

/r/documentaries

All the ones listed above have been downloaded from YouTube (streaming sucks on my connection).

Back