Do you have a CDMA connection? Avoid Headaches and Port it to GSM

swatkats

Skilled
CDMA services in India are going to shut down. Right from Rcom and Tata docomo have decided to shut down 2G services on CDMA.

Rcom and Docomo CDMA have decided to shut down by the month of July 2016 or at the earliest.

They are planning to rollout LTE services on CDMA bands and shift users to GSM bands (1800mhz)

Even same is the case with MTS.

So, Get a new 4G/3G/2G handset and PORT your number to GSM to avail the same number and avoid headaches.

To get some idea:
2G bands: 900/1800mhz

3G bands: 2100mhz
4G LTE: 850(Rcom,Docomo & Jio in some)/1800(Idea and Airtel)/2300mhz(Jio,Airtel,Vodafone)

Get a smartphone which supports 4G bands 5(850)/3(1800)/40(2300)Mhz.

Last edited:
Sir, I will strongly advise against flame1. It frustrates even if used as a hotspot.
Looking at specs, I feel Wind4 should be a better thing.

@aalok bhai, I bought a flame 1, about a month ago. A painful experience to say the least. Even if using as a hotspot only, the battery drains faster than it can charge. The touch screen is horrible and the phone lags like crazy (the only app installed by me is speedtest.net).

Wind 4 looks like a good bet if anyone wants to try.

Bought one Wind 4 for a friend. Got it at ₹6799/- from Reliance Digital Store. Wind 6 was available for ₹6399/- along with free power bank but went for Wind 4 due to better screen resolution and bigger battery.
There is nothing much to say about this phone, the only reason you should buy it if you really need this 3 months all free Sim offer. I initially wanted to buy the ₹4-5k Flame phones but they were too bad. So with heavy heart invested ₹6799/-. Friend wanted the sim desperately as after closure of Reliance CDMA the only signal that is available at his home is JIO 4G on Band 5.

Back