OC & Modding Do I Need a CPU Cooler

priyam1309

Disciple
Guys,

I am planning to buy i5 2500k with Gigabyte Ga-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and also planning to overclock.

Other Configs are -

R6950HD 2GB GPU

GSkill RipJaw 1600MHZ 8GB RAM

2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.12 HDD

Do I need a CPU cooler and please suggest some?

A CPU cooler is not needed normally but since you are thinking of overclocking it is recommended to buy one

What is your budget for the cpu cooler ?

If you are planning to overclock then I advice to extend your budget to around 2K and go for Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus...:cool2:

It is by far the best performer for that price range.....

Was shocked to see that its me who has given the rating ;)

@OP, 1K wont do anything good if you are planning for overclocking a processor like 2500K.. As someone has said Hyper 212 plus is the best cooler out there within 2K... If you are really not able to extend your budget then go for Hyper TX3 (It is a good cooler), but you will be limited to overclocking below 4ghz... Or if you can invest 3.5K, the Noctua ones are by far the best ones...

as said above if you plan to do any OCing north of 4 ghz the hyper 212+ is the best budget cooler. Dont waste your money on the tx3 or the n520.

hyper tx3 is a good choice if your budget is around 1k, ive used it in my rig oc to 4.2ghz theres no problem at all even under heavy load...

Back