Do Google Ads Help Fund Spyware?

TheBroker

Skilled
A security researcher says Google's search-based ads play a part in browser toolbars that violate the company's stand against spyware and questionable download practices.

Google's sponsored-link ads may have helped turn the world's best-known search engine into a financial powerhouse, but they also are coming under attack for contributing to spyware practices that undermine trust on the Web

Anti-spyware researcher Ben Edelman this week criticized Google Inc. for playing a role in the distribution of browser toolbars that he says violates Google's own principle about software downloads.

Read The Full Story Here

Hey Freekill....n All...

Its been threr as a skeleton in Gmails popularity.....The textads tht they show up are a concern. Google always maintained they dont peep into the box themselves but only use a software for it.....
But the software can keep track...cant it ?

Even tho I am a big fan of Gmail...this certainly isnt comforting..

Wat do u all think ?

Cheerz

I definitely agree......Considering the Big Company Google is,

It should maintain its own Standards and also try to block the loopholes.

But I also think that cyber Security Law are very lose andf there are a Lot of Loopholes.

But the software can keep track...cant it ?
Keep track of what ur mail .............BTW all good e-mail Service provider (Think Yahoo n Hotmail)check and scan incoming and outgoing mail for Viruses n other bugs (Text Included )

But I also think that cyber Security Law are very lose and there are a Lot of Loopholes.

Dnt atleast talk of Indian Cyber Laws here ....the thing is cyber laws have not been implemented properly ..........some of them are outdated also over here

Hey matez....

Yeah I agree all mail providers track...they even store it in their servers even if i delete it from our inbox.....

But google nvr deletes them which becomes even more dangerous...yahoo does delete them even tho its after a while.....

The laws.....Laws n Records are made to be broken.....

Cheerz

Back