FS: Photography Dji Mavic Air 1 (Complete Package Deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question, if I buy a drone in the US and bring it on a flight, that's not allowed?

Just one question, if I buy a drone in the US and bring it on a flight, that's not allowed?
I am not hundred percent sure but to my knowledge Small mini-nano type drone is fine. Not an issue.
But better to open the box and all and take it as carryon .

For higher category drones I believe there is some procedures and declaration etc.

There has been some cases on YouTube where drone got confiscated also and some have said they easily got it from UAE and all.

So try to get all the information clear and then go for it.

USA is great for drone. Amazing deals and so is UAE.

I am not hundred percent sure but to my knowledge Small mini-nano type drone is fine. Not an issue.
But better to open the box and all and take it as carryon .

For higher category drones I believe there is some procedures and declaration etc.

There has been some cases on YouTube where drone got confiscated also and some have said they easily got it from UAE and all.

So try to get all the information clear and then go for it.

USA is great for drone. Amazing deals and so is UAE.

The Indian government recently banned the import of drones except for R&D, defence and security purposes. This is the latest in a slew of measures the Government has taken to promote make in India drones.

What does the order say?

The Directorate General of Foreign Trade or DGFT under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued an order on February 9.

The order prohibited, with immediate effect, the import of drones in Completely-Built-Up, Semi-knocked-down or Completely-Knocked-down forms.

Import of drones will be allowed:

• by government entities,
  • educational institutions recognised by Central or State governments,
  • government recognised R&D entities
  • and drone manufacturers
for R&D purpose as well as for defence and security purposes, provided an import authorisation is obtained from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade.

The order also says that import of drone components is “free” implying that no permission is needed from the DGFT.

Local manufacturers heavily rely on imported drone components to assemble their own drones. This allows them to import parts likes diodes, chips, motors, lithium ion batteries, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back