Dispelling Inverter advertising myths

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
As new users start to buy Inverter ACs, there's a lot of hue and cry when people aren't able to replicate certain user's bills. Rather than have these people dilute the discussion in all the Inverter threads because they are referencing advertising material, let's help explain what is actually happening.

1. Sharp's Inverter AC Power Saver Calculator is rubbish. Do not use it. Period.

Mistakes :
#Duty cycle of the non-inverter AC is calculated at 100%. Duty cycle = how long the compressor stays ON.
If you notice, the non-inverter's hourly power usage is :- 446 units / 31 days / 8 hours = 1.8KW. The non-inverter's peak power consumption is also 1.8KW. In other words the AC is running at a 100% duty cycle i.e. compressor is always ON, which does not happen under normal circumstances.
If it does happen to run at a consistent 100% duty cycle, then the heatload is a consistent ~5.2KW (1.8KW x 2.9 COP for 2 star = ~5.2KW). If the Inverter AC needs to cool a heatload of 5.2KW, it will consume 1.44KW as per specs, not 875W.
# An additional minor mistake as pointed out by members below is the different tariff slabs which should not apply

pYu16hM.png

@Crazy_Eddy I am quite aware of their major mistake. What they have done is for a 2 Star AC they have electric rate at 5.75 and for inverter AC at 4. Now a person staying at the same place cant have 2 different rates if he uses an inverter AC or a regular AC. Hence if you see I had calculated at an average rate of 4.3 Rs / unit.

Hence based on that the difference comes to Rs. 916 and it would take ages to recover that money.

As genuine users start to buy Sharp Inverter ACs, there's a lot of hue and cry when people aren't able to replicate certain user's bills. Rather than have these people dilute the discussion in all the Inverter threads because they were morons trusting, let's help explain whats actually happening.

1. Sharp's Inverter AC Power Saver Calculator is rubbish. Do not use it. Period.

Reason :
Let's see who is the first to spot the big mistake. Hint : Focus on the 2 star AC.

This was really required as Sharp India website is truly pathetic. So is their absurd claims. The websites of other countries are much better like Sharp Malaysia/ Canada etc:

http://www.sharp.com.my/docs/index.html

http://www.sharp-world.com/products/minisplit/

@Crazy_Eddy I am quite aware of their major mistake. What they have done is for a 2 Star AC they have electric rate at 5.75 and for inverter AC at 4. Now a person staying at the same place cant have 2 different rates if he uses an inverter AC or a regular AC. Hence if you see I had calculated at an average rate of 4.3 Rs / unit.

Hence based on that the difference comes to Rs. 916 and it would take ages to recover that money.
In Tamilnadu, power tariff varies on the basis of usage, if we exceed 500 units, its Rs. 5.75 per unit.
This is the Tariff structure for the TN:
eb.png

Still, sharp calculations are wrong

Even units calculated are on lower side. They just multiplied 875*8 (7000w) by 30 days. Everyone knows at start AC uses full power for at least first fifteen to twenty minutes. The units consumed per day would be around 10 in reality. So the slab would be for atleast 300 units (Rs.4) for AC alone. With fridge, TV, etc add additional 150 units and its same rate as two star AC since above 501 units rate is same.

Its a myth that Inverter ac starts at full rated wattage. It disnt work like that. When I turn in my Sharp it sometime gies till 1.9 Kw or sometimes till 1.1 Kw .Even if it goes till 1.9 Kw it dosnt do it like conventional ac in one shot it gradually climbs to 1.1 Kw tops there for a minute and if theres a need only then it again starts to climb from 1.1 Kw to 1.9 or higher to achieve the set temperature. Even altering the fan speed helps in reducing the Kw and thats amazing.

The problem here is the people who comment on Sharps performance never owned one. Buy one use one and then comment,otherwise it makes you guys even the mods look like Trolls and plain stupid.

My Electricity Bill which used ti be Rs 250 to Rs 450 before for two years started returning Rs 1350 after the Sharp was attached to it. Thats simply how and practically! Not applying any rocket science as the mods here are trying to for sometime.

The problem here is the people who comment on Sharps performance never owned one. Buy one use one and then comment,otherwise it makes you guys even the mods look like Trolls and plain stupid.
My post has nothing to do with rocket science or with your AC, but there's a a very 'simple and practical' error in their image. If you're not a troll and not stupid, why the name calling instead of just pointing out whats wrong with the Sharp image?

My post has nothing to do with rocket science or with your AC, but there's a a very 'simple and practical' error in their image. If you're not a troll and not stupid, why the name calling instead of just pointing out whats wrong with the Sharp image?

Its not name calling its actuals. First you dont own the Sharp.Secondly you dont have any experience whatsoever with inverter acs. Third you have something against any Actual owner of a Sharp Inverter AC putting up Factual stuff. Its almost looking that you are being paid by some rival company to diminish the goods that the Sharp has ushered on us buyers. An advice, this summer go and buy one. You cant wrong more than 3 actual owners putting up the same claim , it will only make you look errr....

AFAIK, the only chap who is applying rocket science is the one calling names. The rest, including the mods here are using simple logical calculations.

What is better?

Pre Polls or Actual Poll results ?
Calculations or Actual Bills ?

Dont sit on the fence and pass comments, either contribute or probe. Buttering people wont help anyone here so leave that attitude and spine up.

Back on topic, since vvvinashhh's magnificent brain couldn't figure out what was wrong, the error is quite basic - duty cycle of the non-inverter AC.

zsc22sD.png

If you notice, the non-inverter's hourly power usage is :- 446 units / 31 days / 8 hours = 1.8KW. The non-inverter's peak power consumption is also 1.8KW. In other words the AC is running at a 100% duty cycle, which does not happen under normal circumstances.
If it does happen to run at a consistent 100% duty cycle, then the heatload is a consistent ~5.2KW as well (1.8KW x 2.9 COP for 2 star = ~5.2KW). Since the Inverter AC's rated cooling capacity is 5.2KW, it will consume 1.44KW not 875W, to cope with the same 5.2KW heatload.

=====================

Dont sit on the fence and pass comments, either contribute or probe.
And you are doing neither. This thread isn't about your bills (already addressed in another thread - you refused to answer), its to clear the air about inverter advertisements.

They just multiplied 875*8 (7000w) by 30 days. Everyone knows at start AC uses full power for at least first fifteen to twenty minutes.
They've calculated an average power. So if the AC power consumption peaked during the first hour, the latter hours would've been much below 875W to give an average of 875W. Also the AC uses full power if the heatload demands it.

Yo Craazzzyyy Eddy calm down with your calculations. Hahahahahaha . You are calculating and we are enjoying the summers. Hahahahaha. You forget the basics. All the time. Its simple, to reach a particular set temperature the non inverter will always start up and consume 1800 watts but an inverter might or might not consume all the 1440 watts to reach that temp depending on day or night. Suppose I set 26C at 2 fan speed at 7pm it will consume 1.1 Kw to reach that temp and then come down to or vary between .4Kw .6Kw or .7 Kw or even .2Kw late in t0 the night,thats called Torque control which normal acs or the one you bought and repenting cant do! But If I set that 26C in the afternoon the AC will go up to 1.7Kw to achieve it and within 30 or 45 minutes be down to 1.1Kw or .7Kw or .9Kw and maintain that temp. On top of that if I apply Coanda the consumption goes even lower by .1Kw!!! Amazing aint?? You are missing it Crazzy Buddy. So when you put these variables in to account the unit consumption varies and hence the electricity bill. Clear??? So theres no thumbrule to the consumption. Now you know why I called you names!!! You dont own one,neither have you experienced one but do have one big bragging loud motor mouth, completely ignorant of the facts and misguiding people here. We are actual owner and users of the Inverter acs for over 1.5 years so you look like a mmmmm to us. Now when 1 day you will actually own one you can read your MAGNIFICIENT CALCULATIONs and laugh at yourself. For the time being for us Inverter users you are doing better than Kapil Sharma,entertaining!!!! HA HA HAHAHA

The best part is you had blocked me from posting since yesterday wow!!!!! This is the thread where were conversing against your crusade against Sharp ACs and their owners valid claim. Cheap Eddy very Cheap,where you block members from voicing their opinion. http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/dispelling-sharp-inverter-advertising-myths.165381/#post-1945239, I still cant post there. Now Im sure you have an agenda against Sharp. You are disgrace in the name of a Mod. So scared to face facts. Valid facts.

Yo Craazzzyyy Eddy calm down with your calculations. Hahahahahaha . You are calculating and we are enjoying the summers. Hahahahaha. You forget the basics. All the time. Its simple, to reach a particular set temperature the non inverter will always start up and consume 1800 watts but an inverter might or might not consume all the 1440 watts to reach that temp depending on day or night. Suppose I set 26C at 2 fan speed at 7pm it will consume 1.1 Kw to reach that temp and then come down to or vary between .4Kw .6Kw or .7 Kw or even .2Kw late in t0 the night,thats called Torque control which normal acs or the one you bought and repenting cant do! But If I set that 26C in the afternoon the AC will go up to 1.7Kw to achieve it and within 30 or 45 minutes be down to 1.1Kw or .7Kw or .9Kw and maintain that temp. On top of that if I apply Coanda the consumption goes even lower by .1Kw!!! Amazing aint?? You are missing it Crazzy Buddy. So when you put these variables in to account the unit consumption varies and hence the electricity bill. Clear??? So theres no thumbrule to the consumption. Now you know why I called you names!!! You dont own one,neither have you experienced one but do have one big bragging loud motor mouth, completely ignorant of the facts and misguiding people here. We are actual owner and users of the Inverter acs for over 1.5 years so you look like a mmmmm to us. Now when 1 day you will actually own one you can read your MAGNIFICIENT CALCULATIONs and laugh at yourself. For the time being for us Inverter users you are doing better than Kapil Sharma,entertaining!!!! HA HA HAHAHA

The best part is you had blocked me from posting since yesterday wow!!!!! This is the thread where were conversing against your crusade against Sharp ACs and their owners valid claim. Cheap Eddy very Cheap,where you block members from voicing their opinion. http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/dispelling-sharp-inverter-advertising-myths.165381/#post-1945239, I still cant post there. Now Im sure you have an agenda against Sharp. You are disgrace in the name of a Mod. So scared to face facts. Valid facts.

He actually has 2 Inverter ACs and it would have been better if you could have shown some facts or calculations instead of all the blabbering you just did.

An inverter ac responds to changes from outside climate,number of people in the room,humidity,rain,sun etc etc. Size of the room is one major factor in Inverters,if the size of the room is not as advised according to the tonnage,then the bills wont be efficient at all.

Firstly you have not been blocked from posting in the thread - there is no such option in Xenforo. You are free to confirm with the Admins. I have even shifted the posts to the thread.
Edit: Sorry about this, another member mentions there is an issue posting in the thread as well. Will check with the admins and see whats wrong.

To be clear we are not talking about your room or real life scenarios. You are correct and I will address this next. Right now we are ONLY talking about the unrealistic scenario Sharp has proposed in the Image above ^^. In fact the scenario doesn't let an Inverter step down its compressor and perform as it should, which is what I want to point out.

With all your blubbering you totally missed the error in Sharp's scenario. Duty Cycle. It means how long the compressor stays on. A non inverter always consumes 1.8KW when the compressor is operational. And as you know a non-inverter's compressor turns on and off based on the heatload which is where the losses stem from. If you see the calcs in the image above, they claim the non-inverter compressor is operating at a consistent 1.8KW per hour which means the compressor is never switching off and the duty cycle is 100% and the room is a consistent 5.2KW heatload.
Now you can have an Inverter or a coanda effect or whatever, but the basic law of the universe is power in = power out. If your heatload demands ~5.2KW, as per the Sharp specs it will consume 1.44KW to supply it.

Back