Discussion on Aadhaar Based Bank Frauds!

Pardon me, but I got little confused.
We do a Adhar card lock or biometric lock?
I have not yet done for myself or anyone in family .

I disagree.
My relative goes to Ratio-Shop. I personally unlock just before 1hr and then re-lock it when done.
My mom collects ration for our house, and she uses OTP for authentication. I dont think fingerprint is essential for ration- which is a good thing because neither the app nor the website functions properly.

My mom collects ration for our house, and she uses OTP for authentication. I dont think fingerprint is essential for ration- which is a good thing because neither the app nor the website functions properly.
Not here in Kolkata.
Need fingerprint, or they are too lazy to do OTP verification.... need to check.

Fellas, just had somebody try to authenticate my aadhaar using fingerprint 4 times today.
Good thing I blocked my biometric.

View attachment 183720

Whatever the govt. is doing/did, its not working very well.
Okay. So I decided to forward the email to UIDAI as mentioned on the failed authentication notification email.

I got this response :
image01.jpg

So I forwarded the same email again, this time adding all the above queries, and got this final response from UIDAI:

image02.png

Honestly, not sure what to make of this response.

means, someone tried to authenticate but entered wrong Aadhaar ID which is yours..... hmmmm.

Locked biometric many years back and do not share adhaar details with the bank for KYC. Recently had applied for Axis CC , they came with biometric machine for verifying KYC, i refused to give adhaar, they agreed to do it manually after some persuasion. PSU banks just refuse to offer alternative to adhaar.
Well done man. That will eventually be a norm, bank risk departments of smart banks already know it. Its just that nobody dares speak against the UIDAI and the powers that support it.
Apparently from state govt websites and land registries. Recently read some news articles:
https://indianexpress.com/article/c...umb-prints-from-land-registries-7914530/lite/

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/t...eps-abused-cybercriminals/article66842275.ece

https://www.boomlive.in/amp/decode/...hands-of-scammers-pulling-off-aeps-scam-23120

I firmly believe that govt. officials are completely in cahoots with the criminals to pull off this kind of fraudulent activity.
I believe most government officials are not competent enough, and end up leaking critical private data and biometric information due to it. Off course some bad apples exist as well.

Last edited:

This is not a solution to this Aadhaar issue.

Aadhaar Fraud is done through AEPS with a Biometric clone issue.

UPI Transaction Fraud is done by Mobile Hacking/Cloning, Fraud OTP, Links, Fraud Mobile Apps etc.

This 4Hr limitation will be a DISASTER!
Just think, you and your family went for a vacation/tip. You need to pay Hotel, Travel, Food, Gifts etc. from all different sellers!
Also, now-a-days, as UPI is totally free, sellers do not accept Card Payment as it costs them a Bank Fee.
In Kolkata, if you want to buy any Computer parts or Mobile, either Cash or UPI, no Cards.

A FRAUD STORY

In Olx, I contacted a seller who was selling his new Laptop's DVD Drive.
(I use a DVD Drive to backup my pics.)
We agreed the price and shared our WhatsApp nos.

I contacted him so that we can meet a common location as we were in same city.
Instate, he sent me a APK file name 'Courier-Arrange.apk' and asked me to install it and book a 'pick up'!

:angry: :spam:

Last edited:
Yes, but if bank stops by default AEPS and make hard to enable ( like physical visit ,form fill up, application submission) then you can keep your Aadhar Biometric open as intended / ideal scenario.
When your password leaks then you change it everywhere and don't keep the same.
Unfortunately here the password is your biometrics and you can't change it so keeping it disabled and only enabling as and when needed is safest as the control is in your hands instead of some bank or government.

Sure, banks could disable AEPS by default and I'm good with that, in fact I'm in favor of it but I would still keep my biometrics locked.

Yes, but if bank stops by default AEPS and make hard to enable ( like physical visit ,form fill up, application submission) then you can keep your Aadhar Biometric open as intended / ideal scenario.

Under absolutely no condition is keeping biometrics open any ideal scenario without 2FA equivalent.
This is not a solution to this Aadhaar issue.

Aadhaar Fraud is done through AEPS with a Biometric clone issue.

UPI Transaction Fraud is done by Mobile Hacking/Cloning, Fraud OTP, Links, Fraud Mobile Apps etc.

This 4Hr limitation will be a DISASTER!
Just think, you and your family went for a vacation/tip. You need to pay Hotel, Travel, Food, Gifts etc. from all different sellers!
Also, now-a-days, as UPI is totally free, sellers do not accept Card Payment as it costs them a Bank Fee.
In Kolkata, if you want to buy any Computer parts or Mobile, either Cash or UPI, no Cards.

A FRAUD STORY

In Olx, I contacted a seller who was selling his new Laptop's DVD Drive.
(I use a DVD Drive to backup my pics.)
We agreed the price and shared our WhatsApp nos.

I contacted him so that we can meet a common location as we were in same city.
Instate, he sent me a APK file name 'Courier-Arrange.apk' and asked me to install it and book a 'pick up'!

:angry: :spam:

Only solution to AePS is to lock biometrics right now. The above is for UPI frauds.

The Purpose of AePS is to negate ATM card usage which is controlled by some companies in the Universe, AePS will enable even uneducated people to transact with their biometrics, which is a Great Invention by every rights from Indian Intelligent Pool, but the downside is we are not living in Paradise, hence the poor people have to compete with high-tech lazy geese, which is really irritating for the progress of every nation that comes up with such a great invention... Lets see how the intelligence pans out an easy solution for the people.. as of now, Biometric Lock is self-securable solution at the Aadhar level, AePS LOCK is a proactive security care for their customers by the bank regardless of their Biometric lock is in place or not.

Back