Discussion on Aadhaar Based Bank Frauds!

mAadhar from govt. is at:

The other app mentioned in this thread by (rajanmehta) is: maadhar developed by Kanji apps.
Is this trustworthy ?
Kanji one appears to be trying to get people to think it's official. Reported it as impersonation on play store, but I don't think that'll do anything. You just have to be careful and check thoroughly whatever you're installing or downloading.

Most data are unknowingly shared by us. Adhaar is a very critical data. Share Adhaar ONLY with Government related work, like Voter card issue, Passport, etc. Where your data is fetched by Government itself. Since it not mandatory everywhere, elsewhere it can and should be skipped.

Guys - All of you who locked your Bio metrics till now - What did you do?

1. Did you generate 12 Digit virtual ID and with that perform biometric lock ?

2. Log In to your account at the mAadhar Portal and perform the biometric lock ?

Guys - All of you who locked your Bio metrics till now - What did you do?

1. Did you generate 12 Digit virtual ID and with that perform biometric lock ?

2. Log In to your account at the mAadhar Portal and perform the biometric lock ?

Most data are unknowingly shared by us. Adhaar is a very critical data. Share Adhaar ONLY with Government related work, like Voter card issue, Passport, etc. Where your data is fetched by Government itself. Since it not mandatory everywhere, elsewhere it can and should be skipped.
The reason is Aadhaar card is very easy to replace/create if lost.
I mean to say, my original Aadhar card is at home and I carry that Aadhaar PVC card with me as ID Proof. If needed, I can apply another Aadhaar PVC card for 50/- only....
In the past, people (including us) used to Color-xerox the small portion of the Aadhar card and laminate to create the mini Aadhaar card used as ID Proof.

If you lost your Voter Card or Driver License or Passport.... OMG!

Last edited:
No. My link is not developed by Kanji Apps.
It is pointing to official unique identification authority of india app.
Click the link you posted and you will find Kanji Apps below that.
Not finding it trustworthy at all. May be they have legit causes, the logo itself is different.
Not official Indian govt. app ?

Correct one is at:

Click the link you posted and you will find Kanji Apps below that.
Not finding it trustworthy at all. May be they have legit causes, the logo itself is different.
Not official Indian govt. app ?

Correct one is at:

Bro, @rajanmehta DID NOT posted link to Kanji App. He only linked the search page.
Its Google that is recommending the Kanji App below the official mAadhaar App.

Its not his fault. Its Google's fault.
Stop this argument here.

@iosoft instead of misleading, why not post the correct link just how I did vro ?

> Its not his fault. Its Google's fault.
To show words that is searched is google's job.
To identify and inform right link is your's, mine and OP's part of doing right thing as self aware, responsible technically aligned people here are in TE, a forum discussing and guiding technical matters. Part of reason why this very thread exist.
No wonder people are getting scammed right and left in India, it is this attitude.
Thankfull, @calvin1719 pointed it rightfully in his early post.

> Stop this argument here.
Sheesh...
Unless you are 13yrs old, this is not an argument, rather pointing to correct link which is right out there.
You can take the way it is or go your own way than justifying, spewing bullshit and be petulant about it.

Last edited:
Today's News
(Source: Bengali TV News Channel)

TWO more Aadhar based fraud transactions, one victim is a Professor, another a Retired person!
Passbook entry: AEPS!

Last edited:
Locked biometric many years back and do not share adhaar details with the bank for KYC. Recently had applied for Axis CC , they came with biometric machine for verifying KYC, i refused to give adhaar, they agreed to do it manually after some persuasion. PSU banks just refuse to offer alternative to adhaar.
what are other option if we refuse to give aadhar as KYC?

Today's News

Now hackers and scammers are sending fake links through SMS or WhatsApp claiming to do "Biometric Lock".

Friends, pls warn your parents, relatives, friends (except Exs).

Last edited:
Today's News

Today, the news reporter talked to multiple victims, specially who lost higher value of money.
There is a small pattern - they mostly did some form of registration (buy/sell/lease) of land/property/flat through the Registration Office directly or indirectly.
One lady was saying that she sold her flat 5 years ago, that time, Aadhaar Finger-print was given. 5 years ago! and she doesn't even have a ATM card with her SBI account!

Safety Check-list
  • Aadhaar Biometric Lock
  • SIM Lock using SIM PIN (not the default 0000 or 1234 etc.)
  • Smartphone Lock using PIN or PATTERN (they are saying not to use Fingerprint on Chinese mobiles and Face lock can be unlocked using pictures and not strong enough)
  • No click on unknown URLs through SMS or WhatsApp.

@iosoft
Thanks for headsup man.
Notes to myself: should be really careful considering the kind of legal documents I have signed to in last very few years.
Damn. However, totally expected thiese kind of issues to happen, from the way system was implemented and cavalier attitude people give to biometric data and private info.
@Arjun Does this mean, SIM locking is not advised ?

Disclaimer: Setting up the SIM card PIN needs you to have the default SIM PIN code. In case you do not have it, make sure to check with the SIM card packaging. Do keep this package handy. Putting in the wrong PIN multiple times will block your SIM; hence, you should be careful.

I tried sim card lock after reading above post, locked my phone. Had to call airtel to unlock.
No no, its call SIM PIN. Like password for SIM.
Every time you restart your phone or change your phone, it will ask for a 4 digit password before starting/activating.
I faced no such issue.

@iosoft
Thanks for headsup man.
Notes to myself: should be really careful considering the kind of legal documents I have signed to in last very few years.
Damn. However, totally expected thiese kind of issues to happen, from the way system was implemented and cavalier attitude people give to biometric data and private info.
@Arjun Does this mean, SIM locking is not advised ?

Totally agree.
AEPS must be an optional. Those who needs it, get it.... else disabled.

Back