Dirt 2 Discussion Thread

Nitari

Adept
Codemasters is about to release their sequel to popular off-road racing game DIRT in just 2 days time from now.DIRT2 got delayed by codemasters so that the developers could integrate support for DirectX 11. The game will release worldwide for PC platform on Dec 8. The PC version completely overhauls the console counterparts in terms of graphics and Dx11 inclusion. The game offers new addons and customization , making it even more fun then first DIRT. The controls has changed a lot compared to the first dirt, its more easy to control and more arcadish. Dx11 inclusion is a plus point for the game though DIRT 2 doesn't really uses the real power DX11, performance hit in exchange of negligible change in eyecandy.

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/dirt-2-benchmarks-dx-9-vs-153329.html

The games uses the popular Games For Windows Live for multiplayer purposes.

P.S. playing the ahem version of the game, will get it as soon as it hits local store shelves :)

Demo is already out DiRT 2 Demo for PC Download at GameSpot

I've maxed it out at 1080p getting 55 min and 62avg with a gtx 260 core 216:)i reached level 30 . It gets boring cos the races are repetitive.same locations

ok well jus finished downloading it from Steam and ran the in game benchmark, got a avg of 40 FPS and min of 32 @ 1920x1080 Ultra settings Dx11 with 8xAA on my 5850 :) not bad i guess cant play the game though gotta study :(

Installed and played the game today. First of all I want to say I absolutely LOVED Dirt 1, am a big fan of racing games and have played most of the popular rally racing games. Now, coming onto Dirt 2: the visuals are dead gorgeous! It's nice to see how Codies have optimized the game for PCs. I have a 4670 and am playing it with everything high and 4MSAA. I think it's the best looking rally racer I have played.

Now here's the bad part: what the **** is wrong with Codies exactly? The handling SUCKS BALLS! No way a car would feel SO LIGHT on a surface like that! Dirt 1 had a better damage and handling system I'd say. It seems like the car doesn't even have weight, it's just too damn light, keeps floating around like a boat. I am sure many guys will agree with me on this point.

I'd say NFS: Shift handles better than Dirt 2. It seems like they spent all their time in justifying the DX11 visuals bull shit and made a game for rookies. I am disappointed.

graphics are gorgeous...love the tracks too...i thought the handling was pretty good really... try changing your aero settings.. if ur on default it feels pretty heavy on the malaysia track..

For all you rally racing afficianados, Dirt 2 is a must have.. Assuming most of yo'al have played the original Dirt, Dirt 2 strikes a very similar performance. For a person like me who is serious about racing & rally games this is a must have. Been a crazy fan of Grid, Dirt ,i must say the Codies are really good at this. Eye candy graphics which my GTX 260 easily delights me with, i cant get enough of this game. I mean with all the Dirt flying and the water splashing on the windscreen it truly gives an adrenaline rushing experience. I mean where else will you get to drive from the edge of the cliffs without thinking twice :eek:hyeah: As of now i ll rate the game a good 9 or 9.5/10. Haven played the game to a large extent to figure out any flaws but then ya i must agree with gauravraw, the handling mite be a bit more tedious in Dirt 2. occassionally keeps drifitng off when u least expect it to.

Overall a Great game. :hap2::hap2::hap2:

Great Game,Awesome Graphics

:hap2: DRIFTING IN MOROCCO :hap2:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GYYCAku5bI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GYYCAku5bI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]​

RadioHeAd said:
For all you rally racing afficianados, Dirt 2 is a must have.. Assuming most of yo'al have played the original Dirt, Dirt 2 strikes a very similar performance. For a person like me who is serious about racing & rally games this is a must have. Been a crazy fan of Grid, Dirt ,i must say the Codies are really good at this. Eye candy graphics which my GTX 260 easily delights me with, i cant get enough of this game. I mean with all the Dirt flying and the water splashing on the windscreen it truly gives an adrenaline rushing experience. I mean where else will you get to drive from the edge of the cliffs without thinking twice :eek:hyeah: As of now i ll rate the game a good 9 or 9.5/10. Haven played the game to a large extent to figure out any flaws but then ya i must agree with gauravraw, the handling mite be a bit more tedious in Dirt 2. occassionally keeps drifitng off when u least expect it to.

Overall a Great game. :hap2::hap2::hap2:

Well no offence mate but even after agreeing with me on the handling part you gave the game a 9.5 out of 10? I too loved Dirt 1 and am a huge fan of racing games but I am just not getting that 'racing' feeling with Dirt 2. I liked Shift better. You all might flame me for saying this but Shift had better graphics, try comparing the dashboard and overall car details of both games and you'll get my point.

ONLY 20-23% of the game is point-to-point rally racing (Source: IGN Review), rest is all Baja crap and they said they were honoring Colin Mc Rae with this title? lol!

me like the presentation of DiRT2. If only they have more rally racing rather than those stupid monster trucks or other shit like in DiRT.

i want to race on those european/japanese tracks with rain and all - gravel, dirt, tarmac etc etc...DiRT was really really good...

gauravraw said:
Well no offence mate but even after agreeing with me on the handling part you gave the game a 9.5 out of 10? I too loved Dirt 1 and am a huge fan of racing games but I am just not getting that 'racing' feeling with Dirt 2. I liked Shift better. You all might flame me for saying this but Shift had better graphics, try comparing the dashboard and overall car details of both games and you'll get my point.

ONLY 20-23% of the game is point-to-point rally racing (Source: IGN Review), rest is all Baja crap and they said they were honoring Colin Mc Rae with this title? lol!

Ohh Boy,,, Thats so v. much disappointing. I dint venture too much into the game as i was waiting to experience it on my new 24" LCD which i finally got my hands on today. I ll play Dirt 2 in its full glory and get back to you on that. During the time i played though i did experience poor graphics and texturing inside the cockpit. But then am just gonna ignore it for now. Hope the game keeps me hooked on for sometime now(after reading your part).

RadioHeAd said:
Ohh Boy,,, Thats so v. much disappointing. I dint venture too much into the game as i was waiting to experience it on my new 24" LCD which i finally got my hands on today. I ll play Dirt 2 in its full glory and get back to you on that. During the time i played though i did experience poor graphics and texturing inside the cockpit. But then am just gonna ignore it for now. Hope the game keeps me hooked on for sometime now(after reading your part).

Well, I was waiting for the game desperately to be released for PS3 but then IGN dropped the bomb about rally racing in the game and I decided not to buy it. So I've already had my time for disappointment back then. Can't wait for GT5 now! I wanna play a serious PURE racing game and it will be just it! They'll be incorporating WRC part as well so we all can expect some kick-ass rally racing as well :D

^^ Wow u really hate this game to the core.

Believe me or not people will pick up this game and play it and love it.

Unlike EA banking on the name of NFS and screwing it up like $hit and then expecting to convert it into a sim, which too was horrible, thinking it will be a success.

Guess what happened a lot of people went back to playing Grid.

Don't flame me but a lot of people did that. :p

Oh I almost forgot to mention Dirt 2 is an awesome (fun, timepass) game

Oops I forgot about the flamer, here you go a reason -> considering how bad Fuel turned out to be.

I think Codemasters is on the right track. They have realized that there are more casual gamers than hardcore sim players. Those who want can always increase the difficulty level by tweaking the handling. Everyone wants to play a racing game that they can win after all winning keeps the player interested. Hardly anyone who plays for 10 mins or a 30 minutes wants to master 1 track till they perfect it - no patience. So make a game that everyone can play and Grid is a good example of it and this too is turning out to be a success.

^^ So what if you alone hate it a 1000 others love it and will buy it and that is what matters.

Back