Directi - Howz the company?

techie_007

Skilled
I have been looking at a company called Directi. They are a ~ $500 million firm into Internet hosting/domain registration etc, mostly based out of Mumbai.

Just wanted some general info, how are they to work for/work environment/hiring procedures etc.

Actually just had a presentation by their 27 year old (Thats right :p) CEO so got interested in it ;)

EDIt: Oh, and I am still here, lurking in the background :p

techie_007 said:
I have been looking at a company called Directi. They are a ~ $500 million firm into Internet hosting/domain registration etc, mostly based out of Mumbai.

Just wanted some general info, how are they to work for/work environment/hiring procedures etc.

Actually just had a presentation by their 27 year old (Thats right :p) CEO so got interested in it ;)

EDIt: Oh, and I am still here, lurking in the background :p

Wow, just took a look at his profile and blog ! :O

Worked his way from the age of 18.

On topic:

Looks like a very good company to work for ! A challenging role is guaranteed.

Fresh, young minds unite towards success. :)

This year we plan on visiting upwards of 60 institutions, engineering and management, across 4 countries, in our search for the best, kick-ass talent available. Check out our Campus drive page for further details on the campuses we will be visiting. We will continue to add entries in there as we fix the dates.

This week we visited 5 colleges. The process – an online test at CodeChef.com, a personal interview,a telephonic interview, and then a visit to our uber cool HQ at Mumbai for the final rounds. We hade several hundred students compete across multiple cities and institutions for the top spot in a fast-paced, fun hackfest at 5 different venues. So far 2 offers have been made
:|

thetoxicmind said:
Wow, just took a look at his profile and blog ! :O

Worked his way from the age of 18.

On topic:

Looks like a very good company to work for ! A challenging role is guaranteed.

Fresh, young minds unite towards success. :)

:|

yup, from what he told us, the selection process is pretty rigorous. They stress a lot on it. They have the slightest doubt, you are out of the process. No maybes. :p

thetoxicmind said:
Indeed. :p
So, the very best of luck !

Nah, no hurry. Not like they are coming to recruit tomorrow ;) Was just curious about the company. Seems pretty cool from the outside looking in :)

+ you have to admire the drive and energy of their CEO. It shows when he talks, its as simple as that.

They run codechef, and definitely have a better outlook than any other Indian company. I resell domains so I've been connected to them for about 5-6 years now. Seen them grow 2-3 folds during this time. It does have a good leadership for sure.

Anyways it would be better than writing loan modules for finacle and flexcube imo. Go for it I say.

The story of this CEO has been pretty inspirational. The company is following the footsteps of google, and are pretty big in the web services segment.

A good company to work with and has a nice environment too, there old office is close to my office and new office is close to my place :p, i would have loved to work there but they want Linux admins and i'm into windows :mad:

@gaurish: you are correct :) Long time to recruitment season. This was just a general query ;) Me interested in IT roles, so lets see.

@jaber: will PM u any questions ;)

hi!

i worked with directi---their division called skenzo--for domain monetization using google/yahoo ad sense.for 6 months last year.

its fun and all but mind you there are some pretty ****ed up characters there!! but all in all a good place to work!

Back