Dimmer switch for Yogurt Maker?

It's not easy to put dimmer after converter... ......... Is it gonna hurt converter if I put dimmer before converter and give converter low voltage?

controlling the input voltage to converter is counterproductive... you want to control the input voltage to your yogurt maker, so dimmer has to be right before it.

whether you can do harm to your converter by placing dimmer/regulator before it, depends on how resilient the converter is. if it's too good then it may sense the erratic input and shut itself down. i have never tried tried giving low voltage to 240-to-110 converter, so don't know the outcome.

try using resistive type fan regulator. it may not care about the input voltage. 240V electronic/TRIAC based regulators may not work well with 110V input.

It's not easy to put dimmer after converter...

As Bill Clinton would have said, It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'easy' is :)

I had a step down transformer lying around and connected my desk lamp and the regulator. No issues, controls the bulb's intensity. No humming from transformer. The cost of everything you see in the photo (minus the power strip) is under Rs 300.

Attachments

• 2015-09-05-0037.jpg
    2015-09-05-0037.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
As Bill Clinton would have said, It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'easy' is :)

I had a step down transformer lying around and connected my desk lamp and the regulator. No issues, controls the bulb's intensity. No humming from transformer. The cost of everything you see in the photo (minus the power strip) is under Rs 300.
Thanks dpandey

Getting it done, but at last point since my machine is American I need female socket to connect to male connection of the machine....... Trying to find it but can't

Any ideas where to find?

Or any other workaround?

Back