Camera Digital Camera for 15k

Try Sony H55 if u need d-slr like settings(manual shutter speed,pet mode etc.). was quoted 14k in sony world with 3 years warranty .

14.1 MP , 10x optical zoom , super steady shot .

If u need a slim camera then try sony TX1 (10.1 MP) . 13.5k with 3 years warranty

Other Cams which u should try looking at - Nikon L110(bulky but 15x zoom, was able to shoot clear images even with full zoom)

Apart from these two , there is Fujifilm S2500 (bulky, 18x zoom).

How would you guys rate panasonic TZ7 compared to above. Me too looking for a digicam but not a fan of big ass cameras.

Switch said:
How would you guys rate panasonic TZ7 compared to above. Me too looking for a digicam but not a fan of big ass cameras.
TZ7 is one of the best compact zoom camera present in market it has got many awards in its bag for its excellent IQ and performance. Even it has won the No.1Award by DPREVIEW for best compact zoom camera 'Compact Super Zoom' Camera Group Test (Q2 2009) Review: 16. Conclusions and ratings: Digital Photography Review

Also check out the awards it has won:

Worldwide Reviews and Awards | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

hope it helps :)

Tc,

Aj

I don't suggest H55 from Sony as it was quite sluggish when I used it last time... Shutterlag was a bit of an issue.. Sony WX1 is available for 12k from grey market in Blore ..which is snappier than the H55.

Thanks for pointing it out but I wanted a end user perspective then reading a review by pro photographer. I am upgrading from a canon powershot a95 and the only gripe I had with that camera was omission of IS and size. I was considering between a fz35 and tz7 but wanted a opinion of somebody who has worked with both. I know they both cater different markets but still what are the differences.

^^ the tz7 wideangle will help with family shots, its a big plus to be honest. Generally, the superzooms are very soft and almost unusable at the telephoto end. I think the tz7 is a better one for a casual user. I suspect you wont ever need the 10x zoom.

Switch said:
Thanks for pointing it out but I wanted a end user perspective then reading a review by pro photographer. I am upgrading from a canon powershot a95 and the only gripe I had with that camera was omission of IS and size. I was considering between a fz35 and tz7 but wanted a opinion of somebody who has worked with both. I know they both cater different markets but still what are the differences.
Since you dont like the big size of MEGAZOOM cameras so the size factor ll take out FZ35. last month i went with my friend and bought PANA FS15 (Compact cam) and i found few adv after using it for his engmt function.

- Easily one can put it in pocket so no need to worry about camera bag,Lens cap,tag etc etc..
- better IQ compared to cannon and nikon compacts which his other relatives took for the same function ( i compared after few weeks and found panasonic FS15 pics were much better !!:hap2:)
- for Indoors and family fun comp camera is always safe option and camera will be with us all the time

Well it all depends on your requirements. if you want outdoor photography and catch some long distance birds,fly etc then zoom factor will come into picture.:). So check with your requirements again and then after sharing it here you will get the best match from experts here. :D

Zoom is actually required when you are on a vacation with the family. Will check out fs15 too. Btw where to get these in Delhi apart from palika.

I don't mind buying grey if the price difference is more then 3k.

Sorry for hijacking the thread :p

Budget : ~15 (flexible)

Form : Compact,pocketable.

Usage : Casual user.Looking for point and click types.

Canons IXUS series look good.Help me pick one that suits my budget.

Canon IXUS 120 IS - 11k.Very affordable.But its been a year since its released.

Canon IXUS 130IS - 14k.Should i choose this over 120 IS ?

IQ is important..so i can extend my budget if the above models do not offer good IQ,

Canon IXUS 210IS -20k.Is it worth spending extra 5k for a touchscreen camera?

Then there is Canon PowerShot SX210IS at 19k.. which interests me.Its 10mm thicker than the IXUS series.Its got super zoom.

Or Panasonic TZ7 / TZ8 ?

Back