Audio Difference between One Plus Wireless Z2 and Wireless Z2 ANC BT neckband?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
What is the difference between One Plus Wireless Z2 and Wireless Z2 ANC BT neckband? Is the ANC variant effective? The price of the Z2 now is the same as pre-sales. ₹1599.
Or should I just for the Boat or Soundcore at around ₹999 or ₹1300?

What is the difference between One Plus Wireless Z2 and Wireless Z2 ANC BT neckband? Is the ANC variant effective? The price of the Z2 now is the same as pre-sales. ₹1599.
I have Nord Buds 2 which claims 25db of ANC. It is good for a basic ANC, but definitely not as good as ANC found in much more expensive earphones. Some 5k earphones have like 45db ANC, not sure of ANC in 20k Sony/Bose headphones.

Just fyi, ANC is meant for listening music in crowded/noisy environment by minimizing outside noise but for call quality aka how your voice sounds to person on other end it has no impact, for that ENC(environmental noise cancellation) is used.

Some 5k earphones have like 45db ANC
5k earphone having 45db ANC is just marketing gimmick. Sure they might provide 45db for high pitched noises (treble region) because of good passive isolation (which you can get from normal earphones with triple flange eartips if you're daring XD) but, ANC actually matters for bass (engine sound, ac, rumble) and mids (speech, cries of a child XD). The best ANC out there can give 30~35db at most in a good day without causing too much cabin pressure.
Going from say 30db in mid tones to 45db would feel like the noise is more than twice as quiet. At that level forget hearing your footsteps, you can easily miss out people screaming at you from a distance.

Last edited:
the quick device changeover button is back in the ANC version.

Is there any noticeable quality difference between these?

Boat Rockerz 245 V2 for ₹999
Soundcore Life U2i for ₹1499 (was ₹1299)
OnePlus Wireless Z2 (non-ANC) for ₹1599

I have few colleagues who bought z2. I felt it sounds quite good for the price. Though I used it only for testing one-two songs.

I have few colleagues who bought z2. I felt it sounds quite good for the price. Though I used it only for testing one-two songs.
Are there any earphones that are not TWS but without the neckband. This is the style I am trying to describe...

... they served me well but the battery life has gone down after 5-6 years.

Back