Graphic Cards Diff bet Geforce 8600GT/8600GTS/8800GTS(320 mb)

thedesolater

Disciple
hey ppl....I hv shortlisted the three cards 8600GT, 8600GTS and 8800GTS(320 mb).
Apart from the size i.e 256mb,256mb and 320 mb...i could not understand the difference bet them
I tried to read their features but cdnt understand the technicalities.
What are the differences??
Which would be the best worth for money and best buy among the three???

PLs solve my doubts..

THANX in advance

Here are the cards explained :)

• 8500 GT :-
  • A low end DX 10 card made to run aero. Do not think of playing games with this cards cause of its low performance and low end manufacture.

Specs;-Stream Processors : 16

Core Clock (MHz):450

Shader Clock (MHz):900

Memory Clock (MHz):400

Memory Amount:512MB or 256MB DDR2

Memory Interface: 128-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) : 12.8

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec): 3.6

• 8600 GT: A mid end Dx 10 graphics card for nominal gaming and Aero support with support for DX 10 applications. This is just a pin down version of 8600 GTS in terms of speed rest all specs are same.

Specs;-Stream Processors:32

Core Clock (MHz):540

Shader Clock (MHz):1180

Memory Clock (MHz):700

Memory Amount:256MB GDDR3

Memory Interface:128-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec):22.4

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec):10.8

• 8600 GTS: Overpriced and overclocked version of 8600 GTS.. Highly non recommended due to price tag .. Specs are same just the change is in the speed.

Specs;-Core Clock (MHz):675

Shader Clock (MHz):1450

Memory Clock (MHz):1000

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec):32

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec):10.8 .

• 8800 GTS 320 MB ver.: Highley recommended model till date if you shell out that much money. Good card with capabilities of playing nearly all games at full glory :) ..This is same as the 8800 GTS 640 in terms of specs the main difference is of Vram i.e 320 MB less.

Specs;-Stream Processors:96

Core Clock (MHz) :500

Shader Clock (MHz) :1200

Memory Clock (MHz) :800

Memory Amount:320MB

Memory Interface:320-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec):64

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec):24

Hope this helps.

Regards

yeah nice work man.......
well it all depends on ur budget ,how much time u will be spendin on gamin,and at what resolution (for 8800gts 320mb vs 640mb) coz all the 3 cards are in diff segments
8500GT-low-end
8600GT/gts-mid-range
8800GTS-sorta high end

So tell us ur budget, and ur gaming "tendancies" and the maybe we can suggest u which card

BTW, why is this thread still in the Peripherals section ??? Should'nt it be in the GRaphic card section ??? MODS, please move thread

Well 8800GTS(320mb) is limited because of its memory size. So for future games, this low memory will prove to be a bottleneck . Its elder brother the 640mb variety is much better. you can easily overclock 8600GT to match 8600GTS' stock performance.

Problem with 8600GTS is that it can barely match up to the speeds of 7900GS and retail at a good $100 more, and only around $50 less then the 8800GTS, which makes buying the 86xx series almost useless. IMO, it should either be the 8500GT or the 8800 GTS

but why not a 8600gt?

i mean a person like me would never buy a graphic card over 10k and i am not into so much of gaming that i would need one. but i would definately like a card to play games somewhat decently and the 8500gt doesnt give that. so that leaves me the only option of a 8600gt.

Well yeah in that case, but then u'd not be comparing the price to perf ratio, and not comparing it with the prev gen cards....

But yeah I concurr, I too think its a waste to spend more then 12-13k for the gpu, atleast 4 me

ofcourse the price to performance ratio woudnt be as great as the other cards, but i need to be able to play games and thats the only card that would give me at that price range.

i dont think i can compare with the previous gen cards because at this stage i think i would want a dx10 card and play the newer games(also considering the fact that the pc wont be upgraded anytime soon)

its entirely upto us man. someguys run dual 8800gtx with nitogen cooling why do they do that? and some of us here are still sticking to MX440 whys that? its all depends ob how much u gotta spent and how much u are happy with ur spending.

so a 8600gt is a great option for u. though consider a x2600xt with UVD it plays 1080i at 28% Processor Utilization. that u would need rite?

well its just me........

of course it would be.........but no warranty here.....so make sure u hav sum1 to RMA it in the futrure if sumthin goes wrong......and as for comparing it with prev gen cards, as in my thread of the things to look out bfore gettin a GC , it would be better to get a card which can play games better at dx9 settings rather than one which can play games at neither dx9 nor 10 properly , like the 8500gt , and maybe 8600GT.....ask people who own the 8600GT how they fell the perf is in 2days games........and then only buy

thedesolater said:
arre....if i get the 8800GTS frm singapore it cost only arnd 470singapore dollars which comes ot arnd 13000rs.... that shd be a gud buy naa???

No dude even 13k for a crap chipped up ver is much more if you can get it at 10k then go for it. Btw make sure that the capacitors in the card are Solid some XFX cards based on GTS are having electrolyte capacitors which are not good for OC. Btw a suggestion buy 8600 GT and OC it more than GTS then this will give u a good VFM :p

thats y i said ask others..lol.....well how much memory is there in that 13k card in SP ? coz my frnd was about to buy a 88gts640mb in bangkok for 11k.....

memnom said:
its entirely upto us man. someguys run dual 8800gtx with nitogen cooling why do they do that? and some of us here are still sticking to MX440 whys that? its all depends ob how much u gotta spent and how much u are happy with ur spending.

so a 8600gt is a great option for u. though consider a x2600xt with UVD it plays 1080i at 28% Processor Utilization. that u would need rite?

well its just me........

well, im not actually buying anything right now. i was just saying that if i had wanted to buy one right now, 8600gt would be the only choice. there might be other people like me who would wanna buy now. :)

infact i am actually waiting for ati/amd to bring out their cards and then ill be buying a whole new rig. and i do have my eyes on the 2600xt :)

Dark Star said:
Btw a suggestion buy 8600 GT and OC it more than GTS then this will give u a good VFM :p

me too would give same suggestion. at present the 8600gts is a complete waste.

Back