Budget 0-20k Desktop for Home Usage.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghx
Motherboard - Asus 945GC MX
HDD - Seagate 500GB
GPU - Nvidia GTS 250 1GB
RAM - Transcend 1 GB DDR2
Monitor - Dell 2409
SMPS - Corsair VX 400W
DVD Writer

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor
SMPS
HDD
DVD Writer
GPU (Though Not sure)

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU
Motherboard
Cabinet (Don't want a bulky)
HDD (I'll likely buy 1TB but would not include in this budget )
RAM

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, no upgrade for some time.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Nothing like that

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
No Games since low GPU

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - 1920X1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8

I'm not good at hardware and assembling of CPU parts is out of my reach so would require assistance from TE member if he is willing to :)

@dinjo here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~7000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- (add another module later)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/-
Cooler Master eLite 361 ~2800/- + USB 3.0 and card-reader 5.25" front panel ~700/- (optional)

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must add i plan to purchase this Saturday , I'm not including HDD in that Budget of 15K

I must add i plan to purchase this Saturday , I'm not including HDD in that Budget of 15K

Don't add it, keep it separate from the build.

I placed it in there so that you had an idea of what the price of the hardware is on street.

:lol: I always thought higher is better i read now.

Are there more alternatives i guess for 4GB i should get 64Bit right ? I'm thinking of getting 8GB straight and use 64Bit. And does that cabinet has front USB support and does it also includes fan ?

:lol: I always thought higher is better i read now.

Are there more alternatives i guess for 4GB i should get 64Bit right ? I'm thinking of getting 8GB straight and use 64Bit. And does that cabinet has front USB support and does it also includes fan ?

This is the cabinet, a HTPC type low profile system. Elite 361 - Cooler Master

I think you will need to enquire if it comes with fans OR no.

Ventilation and heating will be issues if you use the system 24 /7 for intensive tasks but you are not.

If you can afford to add 2 x4GB modules nothing like it, in that case go for these --> G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-1600C11S-4GNT) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com.

Looser latency settings but that will not affect you in any way.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Good to see hard drive prices coming down,Cooler Master 311 plus-3k would be a good fit instead of CM 361.
dinjo here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~7000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- (add another module later)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/-
Cooler Master eLite 361 ~2800/- + USB 3.0 and card-reader 5.25" front panel ~700/- (optional)

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Good to see hard drive prices coming down,Cooler Master 311 plus-3k would be a good fit instead of CM 361.

Totally up-to @dinjo, price will end up same (inclusive of the USB 3.0 front panel + card-reader).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why a different RAM ? I'll check more on MB and Proc.

If it has USB 3.0 it would be good but i don't want a huge cabinet looking at Elite 310 , Elite 311 , Elite 311 Plus and Elite 361 and only Plus seems to have USB 3.0 which one should i pick and i guess Elite Plus offers fans with it

Why a different RAM ? I'll check more on MB and Proc.

If it has USB 3.0 it would be good but i don't want a huge cabinet looking at Elite 310 , Elite 311 , Elite 311 Plus and Elite 361 and only Plus seems to have USB 3.0 which one should i pick and i guess Elite Plus offers fans with it

Cheaper than Corsair's ValueRAM and faster base-clocks. Looser latency settings but that should not affect your performance.

All cabinets save the eLite 310 and 361 bundle fans, maybe the eLite 361 also bundles fans but that I am not sure. The plus offers front USB 3.0 ports but carries a hefty premium because of the same. If you feel it is justified go ahead.

Otherwise get the eLite 361 + get a 5.25" bay USB 3.0 + card-reader ~700/-.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Can by any modification USB 3.0 front panel can be opened in Elite 361 ? Any more alternatives for MB and Processor

If gaming is not required, I use a similar setup with, and fijitsu lh 532, wireless kb mouse , and hdmi cable to connect dell 2409, and pretty decent for desktop usage with added option of carrying it if i wish so, fijitsu laptop costs 19.4 and Toshiba counterpart costs around 18.5 with republic day coupons floating around, very low power consumption too, electricity bill sure will come down
And you cannot get more compact than a laptop connected as desktop pc. I suggest go visit some store like croma, reliance digital, the new sandy bridge pentium dual core on hm 76 will surprise you, i know it did surprise me

Can by any modification USB 3.0 front panel can be opened in Elite 361 ? Any more alternatives for MB and Processor

Here this is what you can add below your optical drive --> Sedna Product in India.

No, the options are not there and a Core i3 should satisfy you for the most part, in-fact throw a GTX660 in the mix and you have a decent mid-range RIG on the go (for that a beefy SMPS is needed).

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Back