Dentist Advice - Implants, Bridges, root Canal and Denture Costs

vercetti

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Need some advice on the costs for some dental work that is being done for my mom and dad.
My dad is quite aged and is now undergoing some dental treatment plan which includes the below
  • Root canals
  • Tooth extraction
  • Removing of his earlier bridge and fitting for a new 10 teeth bridge (supported by 3 natural tooth) in the lower teeth area. The estimate given by the doctor looks on the higher side
  • Dentures - one on top (for 2 molars on the side and 2-3 teehs) and one below for 2 molars
From last couple of weeks the doctir is asking us to go for implants which are fuking expensive. Initially we were told that implants costs 5-20k but yesterday they said that each implants costs 78k per tooth so makes it a very very expensive option.

Also, If someone can help me for approx costs fr the below:
Bridge costs (per teeth) for a teeth made of
  • Ceramic
  • Metal + Ceramic (doctor is quoting 5k per teeth)
  • Metal
Also, please let me know how much a acrylic denture would typically cost me?

I have seen for my parents at least the cost varies from x to 2x between doctors. although, they have so far been restricted to root canals, caps and bridges. 500 per rc, filling or extraction, and 900 for a cap.

500? Are u sure???

Here its 4000 -5000 per RC and similar price for cap....thats like 10 times more.

I have seen for my parents at least the cost varies from x to 2x between doctors. although, they have so far been restricted to root canals, caps and bridges. 500 per rc, filling or extraction, and 900 for a cap.

500? Are u sure???

Here its 4000 -5000 per RC and similar price for cap....thats like 10 times more.

See, this is my dad's dentist since perhaps past 20 years - with old clinic and stuff. My mom chooses to go to a more modern facility, where the charges are over double.

@frankmehta ...Can u throw some light here?

The doctor has given me a quotation of around 6 lakhs for my dad for implants and around 1.4 lakhs without implants. This is just crazy

75k per tooth? No thanks! I'll live on liquids. OMG! I think I should take even more care regarding my teeth. I think @logistopath would be able to help you(if I remember right).

Thanks man...Can u share the contact details or loaction of ur dental care?
I am thing of taking a second opinion (I don't prefer the general hospitals like Apollo, Fortis etc)

I got an RC done last year. The cost was 4k for the procedure, 1k for cleaning and 10k for a 3M Lava cap.

Charges vary a lot from clinic to clinic depending on what type of treatment it is, how bad the tooth is, what instrumentation & technique they use and also depending on the place you live in, etc.. Even implants range from as low as Rs.15k per unit to even nearly a lakh per unit. The lower cost ones are usually made in local factories without much QC, and they have a higher rate of failure. Not all dentists treat the same, and not all charge the same.. You will have to find out more info from people in your area. Although the charges you have mentioned seem to be on the higher side, I have heard that that is the norm in Bangalore. I am out not a practicing dentist, so take my views with a pinch of salt.

I got my tooth cap done in Feb. Cost me 4.5k for the complete procedure - cleaning, RC and a metal ceramic cap (don't remember the brand name). The doctor asked me if I wanted to go for a complete ceramic - which ranged from 10k-50k. Location was Hyderabad. Now that I have moved to Bangalore, reading your story has me scared.

Regarding the cap/crown, full metal is cheapest but is not esthetic (about 1k to 1.2k per unit in most places); metal with ceramic is slightly costly (about 4k to 5k per unit I believe); full ceramic is always the most costly (> 10k in most places).

Regarding the cap/crown, full metal is cheapest but is not esthetic (about 1k to 1.2k per unit in most places); metal with ceramic is slightly costly (about 4k to 5k per unit I believe); full ceramic is always the most costly (> 10k in most places).

Ceramics also tend to last quite longer than metal ones before needing a replacement.

Back