Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ The document may be really genuine, but with the form its in, it doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell of being considered as legitimate evidence in any court of law.

Like Modi didn't insulate himself from the bribes. That's like most basic step of money laundering.

That's similar to what I think of when someone says, "If not BJP then which party?" and I'm like "I'd rather take corrupt, lazy, and greedy any day over corrupt and driven".

Lalu for PM?

^^ The document may be really genuine, but with the form its in, it doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell of being considered as legitimate evidence in any court of law.
Agreed. The truth does not always stand up to judicial scrutiny. So if courts don't find something to be true in the eyes of the law, it doesn't necessarily follow that it was falsehood. Having said that, in public discourse, it's best to be politically correct.

Like Modi didn't insulate himself from the bribes. That's like most basic step of money laundering.
Agreed.

When are 50 days gonna be over?

About two more months I imagine. Estimates to replacing the old currency was about six months. We are into the second month. Another two months should put enought cash out there to ease up the lines.

Like everything else about this policy, the fifty days bit was absolute bullshit.

Rs3,600 crore ($530 million) :eek: Thats Damn Damn Expensive just for a statue

Whats the need to spend on such things, when basic purpose not getting fulfilled...
we badly need education, infrastructure, food, better hospitals...

Rs3,600 crore ($530 million) :eek: Thats Damn Damn Expensive just for a statue

Whats the need to spend on such things, when basic purpose not getting fulfilled...
we badly need education, infrastructure, food, better hospitals...
BMC is spending some 2000+ crores on building new schools when all the previous studies show that children are dropping out of BMC run schools due to lack of teachers and maintenance. Maha is first in leeching crores from every corner of the govt kitty.

Apparently, like soldier argument, another one has came up. The IT argument.

How does it go? Well, simple! Just mention that how much pressure bank employees are under since this move (and subsequently, dozens of rules because of this move) was implemented. Standard reply you will get is "SO WHAT? IT TECHIES ALSO WORK BLAH BLAH HOURS BLAH BLAH STRESS BLAH BLAH" because clearly all bank employees were slacking off till 8 Nov. 2016, collecting their paychecks without doing any sort of work or taking responsibilities for transactions worth millions of Rupees everyday.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/amid...re-influx-in-poll-bound-uttar-pradesh-1641382

Cash being selectively supplied to places where the govt wants. For example, states with BJP govt and and places where elections are going to take place. Just before PM's visit to UP, large amounts of cash was reeled specially.

In states like Telangana however, Cash is in short supply. SBI is still providing Rs 2000~4000 tops on Cheque withdrawal. Most of the private bank ATM's near my place are still shutdown and not filled with cash and the SBI and Andhra Bank ATM's attract queues that are bigger than 100~150 people

The local BJP yuva morcha guy is actively trying to disrupt transactions in the nearby co-op bank claiming that black money is kept in it, but the fact is that the bank's employees union is dominated by congress which is the real reason for stirring up trouble. Thanks to the centre's influence they have been finding it much harder to get cash as opposed to other banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back