DELL XCD35 or LG Optimus One

anilthomas26

Disciple
Hi

Please suggest me the best among DELL XCD35 and LG Optimus One.Initially i have decided to go for the LG.But after seeing the DELL's screen size and resolution , i am confused.Is it worth to compromise LG's advantages(better RAM,Froyo) for the screen of DELL.

@dark nemesis:Well, I said LG is more reliable when compared to ZTE.. And I think most of us would agree on that.. And, that piece of article that you've quoted, was published way back in 2007 and is pointless. BSNL and most of the other telecom companies purchase equipments from these Chinese companies like Huawei and ZTE because they are cheap.. And, we all know about the quality of these equipments, don't we?

LG service is so bad ..i hear they make the same guy repair cellphones and their washing machines :p :D just kidding ..

personally i will go with zte or dell .... it wont be long before custom 2.3 roms are available for xcd 35 .. i heard custom 2.3 is available for age old G1 too ...

but if its really warranty tht u care for ... go wid lg ..

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Although the hardware is amazing,bada os cripples it badly.Go with an android phone.
DO u noe significantly about Bada to say that?? IMO Bada OS has done a great job for a 1st timer, and rumours are Bada 2.0 will have the same feature set that's been finalised for Android 3.0 and that older gen Wave phones might get a Bada 2.0 update by Samsung.

@nehaladsul

LG cannot be compared in the same lines of USHA or AJANTA what crap are you talking. difference between LG and Dell is not that much like between LG and other craps (w.r.t electronics)

just because of ASS/warranty alone one cannot pay double the price for a underpowered product. be it the mighty Dell.

and LG has already sold 3 million O1 and it is a success. so I don't see any reason for the doubt regarding O1 or LG.

Dell XCD is a good phone. it's just a few k's over it's deserved price. even considering it's backed by Dell Warranty.

only thing that's in favour of XCD 35 is it's screen res. if you absolutely need that but can sacrifice in RAM and Battery life then go for it else O1 is a clear choice.

_

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aman27deep said:
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

_

Galaxy 3 seems better to me. Samsung's "A.S.S." is not bad. Galaxy 3's CPU is better, it is lighter and looks better acc to me. But the LG's res is a little better and it will get 2.3 in the "future". LG products have died on me a lot, don't trust them.

Aman27deep said:
Galaxy 3 seems better to me. Samsung's "A.S.S." is not bad. Galaxy 3's CPU is better, it is lighter and looks better acc to me. But the LG's res is a little better and it will get 2.3 in the "future". LG products have died on me a lot, don't trust them.
galaxy 3's CPU (a custom samsung one without a GPU) is inferior to O1's or XCD's Qualcomm msm7227 with adreno 200 gpu.

_

comp@ddict said:
DO u noe significantly about Bada to say that?? IMO Bada OS has done a great job for a 1st timer, and rumours areBada 2.0 will have the same feature set that's been finalised for Android 3.0 and that older gen Wave phones might get a Bada 2.0 update by Samsung.
:p

I have used Wave

Do I need to say anything more.If you are a guy who likes to play around with the device then you will get bored with it within a month.No doubt we are seeing so many waves in TE market.

@ DigitalDude: The 'crap' I am talking about indicates that there is a difference between brands as we percieve them. Just as u cannot imagine a comparison of LG and USHA, there are zillions (like me) who cannot imagine a comparison between LG and DELL. Got the 'crap' or u need more explanations?? :p

I have had the chance to own and use both a Dell Inspiron and a LG X Note. While the X Note made it to the ASC twice in the 1st year (after which it got sold!), the Dell remained in great shape for more than 2 years.

And this is not just what I have experienced. Many of my friends have had similar experience with a range of LG products.

Again I repeat & reiterate: If anyone is interested in buying LG, feel free to do so. I for one will not buy or recommend it. Rest, it's your money, to hell with it!!! :p

nehaladsul said:
@ DigitalDude: The 'crap' I am talking about indicates that there is a difference between brands as we percieve them. Just as u cannot imagine a comparison of LG and USHA, there are zillions (like me) who cannot imagine a comparison between LG and DELL. Got the 'crap' or u need more explanations?? :p

I have had the chance to own and use both a Dell Inspiron and a LG X Note. While the X Note made it to the ASC twice in the 1st year (after which it got sold!), the Dell remained in great shape for more than 2 years.

And this is not just what I have experienced. Many of my friends have had similar experience with a range of LG products.

Again I repeat & reiterate: If anyone is interested in buying LG, feel free to do so. I for one will not buy or recommend it. Rest, it's your money, to hell with it!!! :p
there is a difference buddy. even my inspiron is a tank and is entering it's 5th year without any problems. but the laptops are designed and manufactured by Dell, while it's mobile division is not similar and not quite upto the mark. So I say don't carry over the reputation of Dell to it's mobile devices. similarly 'a range of LG products' including it's laptops may be utter trash but LG is lately showing much commitment to its smartphone plans. which can be clearly seen from the success of O1, committing gingerbread to it, announcing O2X etc

and regarding your last line, it's obvious no one can force anyone to buy anything. it's mostly their wish. but everyone has opinions, sharing of which is one of the main uses of a forum.

my point of view is to discuss both the products objectively and not to just consider the brands.

_

DigitalDude said:
there is a difference buddy. even my inspiron is a tank and is entering it's 5th year without any problems. but the laptops are designed and manufactured by Dell, while it's mobile division is not similar and not quite upto the mark. So I say don't carry over the reputation of Dell to it's mobile devices. similarly 'a range of LG products' including it's laptops may be utter trash but LG is lately showing much commitment to its smartphone plans. which can be clearly seen from the success of O1, committing gingerbread to it, announcing O2X etc

and regarding your last line, it's obvious no one can force anyone to buy anything. it's mostly their wish. but everyone has opinions, sharing of which is one of the main uses of a forum.

my point of view is to discuss both the products objectively and not to just consider the brands.

_
it is like saying,

samsung manufactures great washing machines..let us buy their hdds based on that reputation..

that is what people did in late 20th/early 21st century and we all know how that ended.

@nehaladsul

im not saying this will be the case with dell but that is not my point :)

you can either choose a product or a brand.

for peace of mind we choose a middle compromise but we can not generalize every situation by sticking to one end.

The definition of Value for Money is not the same for everybody because not everyone values the same things; thus arguing on that part will not lead one anywhere.

Let us keep the discussion focussed on what fits the OP's requirements.

Back