Monitors Dell U2515H Problems

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends ,

I recently bought Dell U2515H directly from Dell India website . But facing some weird problem with it.

Problems are :-

On mDP to DP cable (Came with Monitor.)

1. Blinking. Like this :-
.But the frequency of blinking is more then shows in Video (Blink in every 1-2 sec.) .

2. If restart the PC then monitor never get on. To turning it on, need to remove cables(Power ,mDP-.DP) , restart PC 4-5 time then it will on (sometimes not).

3. If i start any game then monitor goes off. only power led on monitor is blinking (like sleeping mode). No picture on screen (Total black screen).

4. Most of times monitor goes in Power Saver mode (mDP cable /connection not found) and never come back. For waking it up need to do step 3 again n again.

6.On HDMI cable unable to get 2560x1440 resolution instead getting Max resolution 2048X1152 (Tried 3 diff cables but no use).

Any solution on this ?

does your graphic card have 2 pci-e power inputs ? are they connected on a single cable or are they on two seperate cables from the psu ?

was recently able to solve a similar problem (no display on from wakeup)

i dont think hdmi supports 1440p (it may be cable/ graphic card dependent)

does your graphic card have 2 pci-e power inputs ? are they connected on a single cable or are they on two seperate cables from the psu ?

was recently able to solve a similar problem (no display on from wakeup)

i dont think hdmi supports 1440p (it may be cable/ graphic card dependent)

Currently using Intel 4000 GPU because my Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X in RMA.[DOUBLEPOST=1448470232][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go into your monitor's settings > Display > DP1.2 and toggle it. See if that helps. I used to face that when on linux.

I tried this but no luck. :(

dont think hdmi can carry 1440p data. also, ur gpu is probably not able to support the res load of the monitor.

try installing the remote desktop app and login into your machine from another phone/laptop . if you see a stable workable resolution, maybe gpu is the issue.

have u tested your monitor at a lower resolution or with another source (tata sky, ps3, xbox , phone mhl) is it having similar problems?

Hello friends ,

I recently bought Dell U2515H directly from Dell India website . But facing some weird problem with it.

Problems are :-

On mDP to DP cable (Came with Monitor.)

1. Blinking. Like this :-
.But the frequency of blinking is more then shows in Video (Blink in every 1-2 sec.) .

2. If restart the PC then monitor never get on. To turning it on, need to remove cables(Power ,mDP-.DP) , restart PC 4-5 time then it will on (sometimes not).

3. If i start any game then monitor goes off. only power led on monitor is blinking (like sleeping mode). No picture on screen (Total black screen).

4. Most of times monitor goes in Power Saver mode (mDP cable /connection not found) and never come back. For waking it up need to do step 3 again n again.

6.On HDMI cable unable to get 2560x1440 resolution instead getting Max resolution 2048X1152 (Tried 3 diff cables but no use).

Any solution on this ?

Have you resolved this problem ?

What revision is your monitor ?

This is a late reply, but do you have the USB cable from the monitor to the PC plugged in? I had the same flicker problem when I plugged in the USB cable. The problem was interference between the USB cable and the mDP cable. I separated the 2 cables and the problem resolved.

Try removing the USB cable and see if your problem is fixed.

Back