Monitors Dell Support refusing to honor Advanced Exchange Service

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
I bought a Dell U2414H about 2 months back from SMC International at Nehru Place. Two days back while using the computer the display went blank, and the monitor is now refusing to turn on. It's probably dead. Everything else is working fine. All hardware was connected to APAC UPS, which has inbuilt surge protection.

I spoke to dell support on 1800-425-0088 and they said we no longer provide advanced exchange service, and you will have to take the monitor to our nearest service center! Why the heck should I drive to nehru pace and waste the whole day! The main reason I bought a 20k dell monitor was because I wanted on-site replacement, and a premium matte panel.

This is what their India product page (http://t.co/vhW26VEjYj) says

2s6of34.png

Please advice on what can I do to get this 'Advanced Exchange Service'? :|

Update: https://www.techenclave.com/community/index.php?posts/1995045

Last edited:
I got my onsite warranty on HP 3d monitor and it just took 2 days for replacement. they picked it up from my home itself. it was 2.5 years old :p

I've heard horror stories about HP before but looks like they have improved a lot on the after sales service front now. Will consider buying HP products more from now on.

Escalate the matter. Speak to their senior. Blast them head to toe.

What are the other conditions?

what ? They no longer even offer onsite support ?

Send the email to CEO Michael Dell

I got my onsite warranty on HP 3d monitor and it just took 2 days for replacement. they picked it up from my home itself. it was 2.5 years old :p

I've heard horror stories about HP before but looks like they have improved a lot on the after sales service front now. Will consider buying HP products more from now on.
First, what is advance exchange service? It is a direct replacement at home service wherein dell, after initial diagnosis on phone, will ship you a replacement monitor. The customer has to provide the defective monitor along with all accessories to the same guy who delivers the new monitor.

Now, due to lot of fraudulent cases in northern India, Dell no longer offers advanced exchange service in this region (atleast in Delhi-NCR they don't). I don't know in which all locations advance exchange service is still being offered, but one of the support executives told me its still being offered in the southern states (and possibly others?). In Delhi-NCR, the customer must take the product to the nearest service center for RMA. I've escalated the case 2-3 times and spoke to a bunch of different employees and supervisors, all confirming this change in policy.

Furthermore, this change in policy is not mentioned anywhere on the product website. All it says is that, Advanced exchange service may not be available in all regions, Dell reserves the right to change this policy without informing the customer etc etc..

P.S. - I'm still pursuing Dell to provide me with an exception and ship me a replacement monitor without having me visit their service center. Let's see..

P.P.S - It has now been 4 weeks since the monitor went dead

Last edited:
+1 to that. I know people who tend get a new replacement HDD for a perfectly working one at Seagate SC. But after the Thailand flood and reducing warranty seagate providing new HDD as replacement mostly and the refurb drives are not very good. It's not good to take advantage of a better service,

After much to-and-fro someone kind enough in Dell support got an exception approved for my case :D Got the replacement today. Though I was clearly told this is being done as special case, and for any further support I'll have to take my monitor to the service center

+1 to that. I know people who tend get a new replacement HDD for a perfectly working one at Seagate SC. But after the Thailand flood and reducing warranty seagate providing new HDD as replacement mostly and the refurb drives are not very good. It's not good to take advantage of a better service,

Mate Seagate gives refurb/recertified drives, right? When did it give new drives?

very long time ago .. upto 2011 may be.
Nope it dint. Many people around me incl. me and my friends replaced couple of my seagate disks between 2k8 2k11 and nothing that sort of happened. Everyone was always given a refurbished drive stating Recertified product. Tried both at Andheri accel and Tardeo accel frontline.

don't know about that but here in kolkata me and my friends always got new hdds upto 2011. Then on 2013 I got refurbished hdd and 3 of them failed in less than 2 months. So after lots of communications and e-mails finally managed to get a new HDD.

Back